-16- 🥀 Nightmare

TW: drug abuse, violence

"Will I lose my dignity? Will someone care? Will I wake tomorrow from this nightmare?"
~Rent, 'Will I'

~~~

*Easton's POV*

My chest aches with the deep sadness that accompanies missing my mate. What I wouldn't give to see his sparkling blue eyes, to hold him in my arms, to just talk to him.

What is he doing right now? Probably losing his mind with worry. I hope he's still eating and sleeping. Knowing Landon, he's most likely driving himself crazy looking for me.

I swear to the Moon, he better not blame himself for any of this.

My family is with him. I know they're strong, and they can help Landon through his. They're his family too. They'll look out for him.

"Stop squirming," my captor orders as he positions yet another needle at my arm.

I'm currently strapped to a rickety, wooden chair in the middle of a humid room with mold creeping up the walls. There's a small metal table to my right where my captor keeps his supplies. I'm assuming we're still at the same location we've been in, but I've been in and out of consciousness so it's possible they could have moved us.

He's been using me as his personal science experiment over the last new days, trying out different drugs and serums that leave me weak and nauseous. He has me strapped to this damn chair with thick leather binds. Normally, I wouldn't have an issue with breaking out of these restraints, but these weird fucking drugs being pumped into my system keeps me too weak to do anything other than speak.

"Lennox, how long are you going to play with your little toy?" One of his men asks with a thick accent. His head is completely shaved, revealing tribal tattoos decorating his dark skin, from his neck to his scalp.

The blonde — Lennox, I suppose — gives him a pointed look.

"Stay out of it, Ren," Lennox mumbles.

Ren's eyes darken. "Our orders were to round up the Alphas and kill them. Not turn them into freaky experiments. You're wasting time."

"Orders?" I cut in, glaring between the two of them. "Who are you working for? Why do they want us dead?"

Lennox tsks and glares at Ren. "This is why you should keep your mouth shut. My little Alpha is a curious thing. Wouldn't want him finding something out that he's not supposed to know."

"Answer my question, dammit!" I snarl, thrashing in my restraints. My Alpha nature demands submission; something I'm currently being denied and it's driving me insane.

I'm supposed to be a leader. The strongest wolf in our pack. Instead, I'm being held captive by rogues who won't answer a single one of my questions. At least, I fucking hope they're rogues, and not pack wolves following an Alpha. The thought of an Alpha giving them orders to kill others of their kind makes me sick to my stomach.

"You're in no position to be giving orders, little Alpha," Lennox sneers. Leaning close, he grips my chin tightly between his bony fingers. "The less you fight, the easier this will be for everyone. In fact, this whole process could've been a lot faster if you weren't squirming every five goddamn seconds."

"There's no way in hell I'm going to stop fighting," I growl lowly. "An Alpha doesn't sit back and let others walk all over him."

'You're damn right,' Elias weakly wheezes. The serum Lennox has been injecting me with has greatly affected Elias's strength. I can barely feel my wolf, let alone access enough of his strength to defend myself.