-09- 🥀 Come Alive

"You still make me nervous when you walk in the room. Them butterflies they come alive when I'm next to you. Over and over the only truth: everything comes back to you."
~Niall Horan, 'This Town'

~~~

*Easton's POV*

| TWO YEARS LATER |

"No, I specifically asked for circular tables with cream-colored linens," I pinch the bridge of my nose, trying not to shout at the frazzled wolves. "Do those look like fucking circles?"

"N-No, Alpha," one of the wolves stammers. "We'll fix this! Don't worry about it!"

"I wouldn't have to worry if my pack would differentiate a circle from a square," I growl, and they pale before scurrying away. Sighing, I shake my head and look down at my list. Tables, catering, music...

"Dude, you need to take it easy," Mateo says, bringing his hand down on my shoulder. "You're scaring everyone."

"Tonight has to be perfect, Mateo," I stress. "It's Landon's eighteenth birthday. He's finally going to become Luna of our pack. I won't settle for anything less than perfect."

"Kind of weird to have his Luna Blessing when you two haven't even mated yet," Mateo snickers, and I shoot him a glare. "Oof, sorry. Touchy subject?"

"You try having blue balls for two years," I grumble under my breath. "Okay, I'm going to check on the food. Can you make sure they bring in the correct tables this time?"

"You got it, boss," Mateo salutes with a wink. Rolling my eyes, I head off to the kitchen to oversee food preparations. Satisfied with what I find, I go through each item on the list, checking them off when they're satisfactory.

"Easton!" Leon, now fifteen-years-old, runs into the ballroom. "Landon's on his way!"

"Already?!" I shout, panicked. "He's not supposed to show up for another hour! Stall him!"

"I tried!" He whines. "I took him to that coffee shop you said he liked, and he slipped away while I was paying!"

"Damn it," I exhale, already feeling exhausted when the night has barely begun. "Okay, go upstairs and start getting ready. Mom picked out a suit for you to wear tonight."

"I don't need mom to pick out my clothes," he grumbles, and I shoot him a look.

"Just go," I shoo him away, ignoring him as he curses under his breath. Once he's gone, I run a hand over my face.

'Tonight's going to be a disaster.'

"Shut up," I growl, squeezing my eyes shut.

'Landon doesn't want to be your Luna. He knows how fucking pathetic you are. How weak.'

"No," I say, louder this time as I cover my ears.

'They will never accept a male Luna. You're only going to humiliate him.'

"Enough!" I shout, causing heads to turn in my direction.

"Easton?" A soft hand touches my back, and I whip around in surprise to see Landon staring at me with wide eyes. "Hey, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I lie quickly. Landon furrows his brows, clearly not believing me.

"Then what was—"

"You look amazing," I cut him off with a smile, and this time I'm not lying. He's wearing a dark maroon suit that matches mine, only he looks a thousand times better with his golden hair swept back and his sapphire eyes sparkling under the lights.