Chapter 11

Kennedy Davids

"Hey!"

"Ah!" I jumped and turned around to see Josh. "You're an idiot" I laughed, shaking my head.

"You been real distant these days, wassup witchu?" He asked leaning on my locker.

"Just basketball and other stuff" I shrugged closing the locker after putting my books away.

"By 'stuff' you mean Omar right" I chuckled. "Yeah" I nodded, smiling.

"Bro, you do know what Omar is like right? Everyone knows what Omar is like. He's just gonna play you and-"

"Josh just stop it. I've gotten to know him and he's not as bad as everyone thinks. Besides...We're not dating or anything" I shrugged.

"But you like him though?" He asked then I stayed silent.

"You know what, I ain't gon judge you. I'm your friend so I'll support you all the way" he sighed. "I'll see you later" he nodded then walked away.

After he was gone, I started thinking.

For as long as I've been at this school, Omar has played with girls....multiple times. Why in the world would he suddenly stop now?

I bet that whole story about him getting his heart broken is kinda like his way to get girls to believe him.

What's crazy is, I think that I'm beginning to like him.

When I'm with him, all I see is a handsome, playful, goofy, laid back guy. He knows just what to say when I'm sad, he knows how to cheer me up...

But when I think about his past it just scares me. What if I do decide to date him? Is he just gonna play me like he does with other girls?

I'm starting to like him so much but I'm afraid of letting him into my heart only for him to break it.

I've been through it once and I am not prepared to go through it again.

"Kenny!" Serenity snapped me outta my thoughts. "Huh?" I asked.

"What's wrong? You were in deep thought" she asked a bit concerned. "Nothing's wrong" I lied. "Kenny" she looked at me placing her hand on her hip.

"What?" I ask. "I know you, and I know when you're suddenly in deep thought... Something's wrong. What's on your mind?" She asked.

"Nothing, Reni. Let's just get to practice" I put on a fake smile.

"I swear you Scorpios be so secretive" she shook her head.

"Bitch you a Scorpio too, the fuck" I laughed as we made our way to the gym.

-

I walked to the door to see my mom sitting on the couch watching the Kardashians. Ion even know she likes them that much.

She came back from the hospital a few days ago and they gave her a 2 week leave.

"Hey momma" I hugged her. "Hey baby" she smiled. "How was practice?" She asked.

"Tiring" I sat beside her. "You been taking it easy?" I ask knowing how she is, She was probably doing a whole spring cleaning, smh.

"Yeah" she nodded. "I just miss being at work though. Being a doctor, saving lives, wearing my white coat. Now I just feel useless" she chuckle.

"You've been giving your all at work. Now it's time for you to give time to yourself" I smiled. "Yeah yeah, Ken" she laughed.

"So...let's talk about you. Any guy you like?"

"Mom!"

"What?" She laughed. "Vaughn told me there's been a car dropping you off every once in a while and you claim to say it's your 'project partner' so wassup?" she smiled.

"Well, he was my project my partner. After we got done, we slowly became friends...close friends. He even took me out on a date" I smiled.

"A date? Wow, me being at work all the time really made me miss half of your teenage life" she sighed. "Anyway, tell me about this boy. Do you like him?" She asked then I stayed silent and smiled like an idiot.

"So you dooo?" she said then we both laughed. "Hmmm, kinda" I chuckled.

"Well, go for it. I mean he took you out on a date so that must mean he likes you. Tell me everything that happened" she smiled.

"She ain't going for nothing. My little sister ain't dating nobody" Vaughn's voice boomed.

"Well your little sister is 18 years old. I can make my own decisions" I mean mugged.

"Yeah well, where did that get you? That boy Jordan broke your heart a while ago and I'm not prepared to listen to Jhenè Aiko and Summer Walker again" he chuckled.

"Don't listen to him" My mom waved Vaughn off.

"Do what you think is best for you. If he makes you happy and you genuinely feel that you like him and the feeling is mutual, like I said before...go for it" she smiled.

If only you knew why I'm so hesitant to "go for it" dear mother...

"Like I said too...she ain't going for nothing" Vaughn shook his head.

"I swear though if I hear you play Summer Walker one more time bro-"

"Shut up, Vaughn" My mom and I said in unison.

"Dead ass though. Try dating that boy and you'll see me with a glock the next day" he shook his head.

"You can't even shoot your shot at a girl, how you gon shoot a gun?" I laughed.

"Mom, get your daughter" he threw a pillow at me.

"Mind you, bitches be shooting they shot at me not the other way around" he said feeling himself.

"Language, Vaughn" my mom warned.

"With your ugly self" I shook my head.

"Ouu, cap. 'Cause I'm one fine ass nigga. Talk to me nice" he chuckled.

"Who lied to you? That person needa run me my ones" I laughed.

"You guys are so childish" my mom laughed while me and Vaughn started throwing pillows at each other.