Chapter 12

Omar Cooper

"Looks like shorty over there still avoiding you" Sharife chuckled referring to Kennedy.

It's been 2 days now and she hasn't spoken to me since. I don't know what I did wrong but she started ghosting me.

I've tried calling her, texting her but she doesn't respond. She has the audacity to post on social media but not text me back, smh.

It was during lunch and my team and I usually sit 2 tables away from hers. She was talking to Serenity then Josh showed up and he gave both of them hugs, but that hug with him and Kennedy looked different.

It was long too. I shouldn't even be jealous because I ain't dating her or anything. We just friends like we agreed so ion know why I'm tripping.

Josh sat down next to her and they started talking along with Serenity.

My attention was fully on Kennedy now. I kept hearing while the guys were talking but I paid attention to her.

"Aye! You heard what this nigga said?" Dior laughed. "Huh? What he say?" I snapped outta my trance. "Oh hell naw don't tell me---nigga is you looking at Kennedy?" He said.

"Bro, you clearly see she chopping it up wit Josh. Why you still want her when you can get any girl you want?" Dior shook his head.

"Dior, shut yo' ass up" Sharife smacked him upside the head.

In my head I was agreeing with Dior. I mean she has been distancing herself from me and it seemed like she was getting closer to Josh.

Just when I was started to like her and finally develop genuine feelings for a female...this happens.

I took her on a fuckin date. And I don't do dates. And to think I was planning to take her on another one finally deciding to tell her how I feel.

But I bet that shit don't even matter now.

Kennedy Davids

"Girl, I haven't spoken to each today. Wassup with that?" Serenity asked. "Correction. I haven't spoken to him in 2 days" I sighed.

"Well damn" Josh chuckled. "Bitch and why the fuck would you do that? The nigga takes you out on a date then 2 days later you ghost him?" She shook her head.

"I was...thinking. Somebody actually made sense to me and I started thinking. Maybe what if Omar's intentions aren't genuine? I feel like I'm getting set up" I shrugged.

"And I bet that 'somebody' is this fool right here, huh?" She pointed at Josh then I nodded. "Nigga why would you do that" Serenity punched his arm.

"Ow! Them little ass hands hard as hell" he chuckled.

"And aye, I wasn't telling you to distant yourself from Omar. I was just warning you. I've seen a lot of girls go through what you're going through. They be so in love with Omar but the feeling ain't mutual. ion wanna see you get hurt" he shrugged.

"Don't listen to this imbecile" Serenity rolled her eyes.

"Look who paid attention in English class today" Josh chuckled earning a glare from Serenity and a laugh from me.

"Girl, he dropped hoes for you...hoessss" Serenity emphasized. "We don't know that for sure" I shrugged.

"Look what you did her, you made her loose feelings for Omar" Serenity kept trying to hit Josh but he was blocking them.

"Sis, do you like Omar?" She asked. "Be straight forward with me. Don't pay any mind to this idiot here" she sized Josh up. "Do you have feelings for him?" She asked again.

"I do but-"

"But nothing. Tell him. Tell him how you feel. Get it off your chest. See you and Omar are so alike" she rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Y'all are so prideful that you both know that y'all have feelings for each other but are scared to admit it. Well Omar tried to show you that he likes you and that was by taking you out on a date. What have you done to show it?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Exactly. Nothing"

"But I'm scared, Reni. I'm scared that if I tell him how I feel I might just be setting myself up for heart break...just like what happened with Jordan"

"Omar is not Jordan. Stop comparing every guy you like to Jordan. Look at him. He's staring at you" She chuckled as she forcefully turned my head to look at Omar who was looking at us but quickly turned his head away

"Poor baby can't keep his eyes off you. He must be going crazy" she said making me smile.

I do miss hanging out with him, having those late night face time calls where we'd fall asleep on the phone together.

This may sound weird but sometimes I look at him while he's asleep and he would look so cute. Not to mention his deep raspy voice in the morning when we wake up... Chile.

I started wondering what it would be like if he was actually next to me. Well not in a sexual way. Just us cuddling and maybe me waking up in his arms.

I'm simping real hard right now.

"Look at yo' ass blushing" Josh and Serenity laughed. "But you my friend bro. I just don't want anything to happen to you okay. If he makes you happy then...shit" he shrugged.

"Thanks Josh" I smiled. "But I am not afraid to beat his short ass up if he plays with you" he chuckled. "Yeah yeah okay, Floyd Mayweather" I laughed.

"Okay now let's fix the issue with you and Mikey" I clapped my hands turning to Serenity.

"Uh, uh. He fuck wit cougars now" she laughed waving me off.

"Outta pocket" me and Josh laughed.