Chapter 16

Kennedy Davids.

"Yeah I'll borrow you some money when Ben Simmons starts shooting 3's bro" I waved Vaughn off as we headed towards the door.

"Guess I'll stay broke then" he laughed.

"Aye, you hear that?" I stopped in my tracks as I heard arguing from the other side of the door. "Not clearly" he said then we walked in on my mom and dad arguing.

My mom was in tears and I saw my dad's clothes on the floor.

"What the hell is going on?" I put my duffle bag down.

"Your mom is just angry over a little issue. We're gonna fix this. You guys can go to your rooms" My dad shook his head.

"Oh, so you're gonna tell them I'm angry but you won't tell them why I'm angry? Huh?" My mom raised her voice.

"Uhm, Imma go upstairs" I sighed because I was in no mood to be dealing with drama.

"No, Kennedy. You need to hear this. You need to hear why the fuck your father and I are getting a divorce"

"Please tell the kids the truth....please them how I come home from working shift after shift to find you messing around with another woman? You won't tell them how you made that same woman pregnant? You won't tell them that?" My mom said with tears building up.

"I knew this nigga was fucking around" Vaughn shook his head.

I went to my mom and pulled her into my arms while she started crying.

"So this why you been working late ? Why you couldn't make to the hospital when mom got admitted? You got a whole family at hone but yet you go cheat and act like a little boy and fuck around on mom? This what you doing now?" Vaughn got angry as he started to size my dad up and stood up to him.

Vaughn was always a mama's boy. With that being said, he would go to war for her no matter who the person is. And he is a little crazy and right now he was getting really angry so I tried to stop him from doing anything stupid.

"Watch your mouth boy. I'm still your father"

"Oh now you wanna be a father when its suits you?"

"Vaughn, stop" I got in between them.

"I don't why the fuck you're defending him. Look at our mom, Kenny. Look at her! She's crying...because a grown ass man wanna act like a lil boy who just hit puberty and he wanna fuck around with everybody!"

"I'm not defending him. I just don't want you to do something stupid that you're gonna regret later on"

"Nah, I won't regret it" he chuckled.

"Vaughn, stop before you do something you'll regret. Please" I said looking at his angry, tall 6'5 frame. I've never seen him this angry before.

"Better thank your daughter" Vaughn shook clenched his jaw and walked out to go cool off I guess.

"Kennedy-"

"I don't wanna hear nothing from you dad. Your clothes are already on the floor. I suggest you do as mom wanted and leave because when Vaughn comes  back and sees you here, I won't be able to stop him this time. Just leave" I shook my head as I bent down to my mom and hugged her.

My dad grabbed his clothes and car keys and walked out.

"You're gonna be okay ma, you're gonna be okay. He's not worth it m stop crying" I rocked her back and forth. You could really tell that my mom loved my dad. I've always wanted a marriage like theirs but now shit went left and I don't what happened.

This is all just too crazy. I have to deal with family drama, basketball, school...wow.

-

I was sitting in the living room watching TV while my mom was in her room sleeping.

I heard the door open and snapped my head to it's direction to see it was Vaughn. He was a bit calm now so that's good.

"You okay bro?" I asked him as he sat down and laid his head back. "I'll be fine. Are you okay? You got a game tomorrow and-"

"I can't forfeit. I'll be fine. The person we should be worried about is mom" I said then he nodded in agreement. "But she's a strong woman. She'll be okay" he sighed. "I just want them to get this divorce over and done with so she can be happy again"

"But ion want you stressing over it okay? Just know I got you and mom" he said then he pulled me into a hug then I felt a tear roll down my cheek. "It's gonna be okay" he squeezed me a little.

"I love you, little sis"

"I love you too, Vee" I smiled and wiped the tears off .

"But you smell funky as hell" I chuckle.

I forgot we both came from basketball a few hours ago and he didn't shower back at the gym. Nasty...so nasty.

"Oh shit" he laughed as he got up and went upstairs.
-------------------------------------------

Hey!❤

ight then this chapter was a little... heart breaking but it one of the important chapters in this book which you will find out why, later on as I keep updating.

And it kind of explains as to why Kennedy's father hasn't been around for his family and shit like that so yeah.

Bye❤