Chapter 18

Kennedy Davids

"And who can sex you like me?" Josh sang.

"Nobody!" Serenity and I laughed.

"Who can treat you like me?"

"Nobody!" Serenity and I said in unison.

"Who can dress better than me in Cali"

"Nobody baby!" We all laughed.

"Y'all niggas is dumb" I laughed as we turned down the TV. "Thank you guys, I feel a lot better" I smiled. "You sure you gon' be good for tomorrow's game?" Serenity asked.

"Yeah, I won't let no fuck nigga throw me off my game. The only person I'm worried about is my mom right now" I shook my head. "Did you tell Omar about this? I bet you need him the most right now" she asked.

"I tried to tell him but...he had to go somewhere with Sharife so--" I shrugged. "Speaking of Omar...get ya' mans 'cause he doing too much. Needa relax" Josh shook his head.

"Why? What happened?" I asked. "We were at practice and outta nowhere his leprechaun face ass punched me and said to stay away from you?"

"You're 6'5 tall and you got yo' shit rocked by someone who's 5'9? I'm dead" Serenity laughed.

"Wait... Do you think he saw us...you know?" I asked. "ion know" he shrugged. "Wait...what did y'all do?" Serenity asked then I scratched my head.

"Y'all want some snacks?" Josh asked changing the subject. "Yeah" I nodded in agreement. "Sit yo' black asses down and tell me what happened" Serenity pulled us back down.

"Well, Josh and I kinda had a moment and we...uh...kissed"

"I know you fuckin lying" she laughed. "I knew the two of y'all had something going on" she shook her head.

"There's nothing going on. It was just a mistake. Right Josh" I said he looked a little hesitant to answer.

"Right" he nodded.

"Back to Omar, why he so possessive over you? Y'all ain't even dating" he chuckled. "ion know too but I'll talk to him. He can't just go beating people up" I shook my head.

"Correction...he didn't beat me you. He caught me lacking and landed one tiny punch. How can someone so small pack a punch like that?" He chuckled.

"It's the height difference for me? Like how did he punch you? You're a giant compared to him" Serenity continued laughing.

"I'll punch you. Keep playing wimme" Josh chuckled.

-
-

"What did you want to speak about?" Omar asked as we met at our spot. "Why the hell did you punch Josh?" I raised my eyebrow. "Wow" he chuckled. "So he came back running to you? Pussy ass nigga" he shook his head.

"Omar"

"Why the hell were you kissing him? In the first place? I thought I made it clear that you're mine"

"And I thought I made it clear that I'm not yours until you officially ask me. I'm not one of your lil hoes that you boss around and tell them what to do,Omar" I sighed. "Besides it was a mistake"

"A mistake. Didn't seem that way to Sharife" he raised his eyebrow.

"You don't even know what we were talking about...he was just comforting me and it just so happened we kissed. It was a mistake. He even apologized" I rolled my eyes.

"Really now?" He raised his eyebrow. "Ugh" I rolled my eyes. "Omar, what's going on with us? I need you to make it clear as to what we are because I'm confused, honestly" I sighed.

"I need to know where you and I stand because why do you keep being like this when we're not even-"

"That's because I love you!" He cut me off.

"What?" I asked. "I love you, Kennedy. The reason why I'm acting like this is because I love you. I've never actually told any girl those 3 words besides the last girl I was with. These past few days after you told me how you felt, I wasn't really sure if I wanna be with you because I was afraid I might hurt you– but now I'm sure. I want you to be mine. I want you to be my girl" he sighed.

This nigga...

"You weren't sure?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yeah, I– Josh said something about me not deserving you and I believe him... I don't deserve you but I'll make myself better to deserve you"

"I know it was hard for you to tell me how you felt 'cause of my reputation... I know you may think that I'll break your heart or some shit, but I really do like you –I love you, Kenny" he cupped my cheeks.

Why am I so skeptical?

"You mean that? You're not just saying that?" I ask. "I really love you, I mean it. Will you be my girl?"