Chapter 22

Kennedy Davids

"Okay! Lil sis grew an inch" Vaughn laughed as he measured me. "So you like 5'9 now...still short though compared to me though" he chuckled then I punched his arm.

"Short with a powerful ass punch" he rubbed his arm while laughing.

"So when we meeting your lil boyfriend? I got a few things I wanna say to him" Vaughn asked.

"Soon. I don't wanna introduce him to you guys without actually making sure this shit solid ya know" I shrugged.

"Solid or not...I wanna see him. He been dropping you off and shit without showing his damn face. I need to know which face I'm finna punch when you come home crying" he shrugged.

"Your brother is kinda right though. We'd like to see him. Just to get to know him that's all. How about tomorrow night?" My mom butted in.

"Tomorrow- so soon?"

"Yes nigga you got a problem?" Vaughn raised his eyebrow. "Yes, in my opinion you shouldn't be dating until your 30" he shrugged.

"Bro you lost your virginity at 16 and had your first girlfriend at 15...why I gotta wait until I'm 30?" I chuckled.

"Not you telling all my secrets" he shook his head.

"15, Vaughn? Didn't you bring your first girlfriend when you were 18? You lied didn't you?" My mom raised her eyebrow.

"Well, I wouldn't call it lying. Lying is a strong word, ma. I would prefer you to say I didn't exactly tell you the truth or I twisted the truth a bit"

This nigga-

"What's the difference?" I laughed as I shook my head.

"And you lost your virginity at 16? Vaughn Davids Jr"

"Not the government name" I laughed.

"Ma, I was bound to lose it at some point" Vaughn chuckled. "Anyway, call him and tell him we wanna meet him tomorrow night okay?" My mom grabbed her stuff. "Ight, ma" I nodded.

"Love you guys!"

"Love you too!" We said in unison then she closed the door.

"I gotta go too" I grabbed my phone. "I'll see you"

-
-

"Tomorrow night?" Omar exclaimed. "Aye, I know it's a bit too soon but my mom insisted so did my brother. Well my brother insisted the most" I shrugged.

"Damn" he sighed.

"What?" I asked. "I've never met any girl's parents before. Bro, I'm nervous and it's not even tomorrow night yet" he chuckled.

"Well you don't have to be. My mom and brother ain't that bad. Well my mom ain't that bad but as for my brother..." I laughed. "Aw hell naw" he shook his head. "I'm just playing" I chuckled.

"You're a great guy and I'm sure my brother will see what I see in you too" I smiled. "Hope so. I heard yo' bro a lil' overprotective of you. He crazy" he chuckled. "I mean, he is but...which brother wouldn't be over their little sister? Just relax and be yourself and I swear they'll love you" I smiled.

"I hope so" he smiled then laid his head on my lap. "You decided which college you committing to?" He asked while I played with his hair. "Not yet" I shook my head.

"What about you?" I asked. "Well it's between UNC and Auburn...and it's a definite sure I ain't going to Auburn" he answered.

"Why not? Wouldn't you like to play with your brother on the same team?" I asked.

"See, he'd probably be in the starting 5 and I'd probably be the bench warmer. ion want that. I wanna be my own star, get my own shine. Make a name for myself. Right now I'm currently known as "Sharife Cooper's twin brother" ion want the same shit to happen in college too. I don't wanna be in his shadow...again" he shrugged.

"Damn, I know what's it's like too...being a shadow" I rolled my eyes. "You a shadow?" He chuckled. "Bro, you have 5 college offers to choose from, you're always posted on Overtime. Shit, you're a 5 star" hr shrugged.

"Yeah, but it wasn't always like that" I laughed. "I was first known as "Vaughn Davids sister" and not as Kennedy Davids. It was always Vaughn this and Vaughn that. After basketball games I would be asked about Vaughn. My coach wouldn't even pick me to be in the starting 5 because he thought I wouldn't be as good as my brother, like bro what?" I chuckled.

"Even my own father still doubts me and cheers for Vaughn all the way. I've been told so many times to give to up because I'll never be as good as Vaughn. But I didn't. I worked even harder" I shrugged.

"Damn, issa lot of stuff I don't know about you" he sat up straight. "I get that a lot" he chuckled.

"I guess that's what me and you have in common...we're both underdogs" he said then we both laughed.

"This a bit new to me" he chuckled. "What?" I asked. "Me having a conversation with a girl about anything and everything...getting to slowly know you. It really refreshing finding a girl I can actually talk to about realistic and important shit. Most of these girls either wanna fuck or get clout" he chuckled.

"Well I'm not just any girl I'm your girl" I smiled as I cupped his cheeks. "To think I couldn't stand you a few months ago" I laughed. "You really hated a nigga, on god" he shook his head. "I didn't hate you, I just hated how you was moving. With yo' hoe ass" I chuckled.

"Wow. Okay throw my past back in my face then" he laughed. "But I changed a lot since I met you. You got me simpin' and shit" he smiled. "Duh" I chuckled then I straddled on his lap.

"You know I love you right?" He looked straight into my eyes. That same look that made me nervous. It still does.

I'm still scared I might get heart broken but... Why does everything feel so perfect right now?

Every little thing he does makes me fall for him harder and harder. From the way he smiles when he sees me. The way he touches me. The way he supports me in everything I do...I've never felt that before.

I had my mind set on not falling for this guy the day we had our first kiss but right now it all seems so impossible.

Maybe I'm just going through a stupid phase that all teenagers go through. A phase where everything seems so perfect with a nigga. A phase where it seems like nothing can ever go wrong.

I'm sometimes scared of feeling like this, being happy with someone because I'm scared of how hurt I'll be when this whole fairytale phase of some sort ends.

But at the same time I wonder if this is not a phase, maybe this is something real...

-----------

To all the authors...

Don't you just wish you can experience the shit you be writing about in your books to happen in real life?😭

I'm just living my romantic fantasies in all the books I write. Don't mind me. 😚✌

Lmaoo byeeeee