PICNIC

Lucifer didn't have many friends or people he was close to for that matter. He was meant to be feared by everybody. He decided the punishments for all the souls in hell. Some too gory to even be described, but it was his job. Yet sometimes even he felt lonely, alone in a position he didn't ask for.

He was feared by many but loved by none. After he took over hell, he had seen things a measly human brain couldn't even imagine. Punished without remorse or guilt. Yet, when he saw her worried face as she picked up the tiny owlet, for the first time since he was created, he felt something. It overpowered the emptiness he had always felt and filled the void in his heart.

It had been a few days since he returned from his rendevous after seeing her in the diner. He tried to complete his work yet his mind returned back to her. No matter what he did, his thoughts circled back to her. He couldn't stop it and it was making him crazy. He wanted no needed to see her.

He stood up his chair pushed back with a bang and returned to his chambers. He quickly changed into his usual earthly attire and was off. He couldn't wait to see her. He went to the diner first, thinking she was probably on her shift, only to find it closed. He closed his eyes and let a little bit of his power loose and tracked her.

She was in a forest, near a lake. This made him worry. What was she doing in a forest? Didn't she know it was dangerous? What if she got hurt? The thought of this made his stomach clench painfully. He rushed to find her. Zooming past the trees in an urgent manner. He didn't know where he was going, he just let his instincts guide him for deep down they knew exactly where she was.

The sound of laughter made him halt abruptly. He followed the sound, making absolutely no noise and there she was. Laughing as she chased a rabbit around. She went and sat down on the picnic that was spread out near the lake. Somebody was reading a book there. She grabbed a juice packet and drank some, still smiling. The scene brought warmth to him.

He imagined himself sitting and enjoying with her, making her smile. He felt warmth like he never had before. It made him want to take the feeling and lock it somewhere safe, where he could take it out and experience it again and keep it for forever.

Malia loved the location Bella had chosen for their picnic. It was near a lake in the forest, not too deep for wild animals but deep enough to be away from all the noise and townlife. The lake was so serene and crystal clear. You could see fishes swimming in it.

She saw a small rabbit near sniffing the grass some feet away from them. She couldn't help but walk as quietly as she could, over to the rabbit, bending down with her hands ready when the rabbit turned and made a run for it. She laughed as she chased it around before it disappeared into it's burrow. Tired she walked over to Bella, who was quietly reading a book with the picnic set in front of her.

She grabbed a juice packet and drank some from it still feeling giddy. She felt peace for once and calmness as she had nothing to worry about. The hair on the back of her neck stood up as a shiver went down her spine. She could feel eyes watching her, she looked to her right to see a pair of glowing red eyes staring right into her eyes as if they could look into her soul and see all of things she didn't want anybody to ever know.

She blinked and they were gone. She looked around not able to find them anymore. She brushed it off as her imagination and enjoyed the rest of the picnic with Bella, though she could still feel being watched yet not in danger.