Mastas Of Ravenkroft (Or Wal-Mart.)

Gerard's POV

"Shit."

"What's wrong? Aren't you going to get that?" Beam snickers, still laughing about the Ieroitis call.

I look down at my phone again, as Bob Dylan continues singing passionately. Now calling: Ember.

Ember.

Ember.

Ember.

If I answer this call, I'll get pissed off at her for everything; for lying to us, for pretending to be our friend, for breaking my brother's heart, for faking -

No. I don't think she faked that. I think she actually did love Mikey. Maybe as long as he loved her - at least a year or so. She probably still loves him. Still, I can't help feeling she betrayed us all.

But anyway. My point was was that I know I'd get angry if I answered. And if I get angry, it might ruin Beam and I's day together; something I'm very much looking forward to right now. No, I can't mess that up. Give up a day alone with the most beautiful girl in the world? Hell no!

Damn, I can't answer that phone.

"Oh, uhm...nothing."

"Aren't you going to answer that?" Beam asks again, the laughter subsiding slightly.

"Nah. It's not as important as you, is it?" I whisper, cupping her face in my hands. "Come on, let's head out."

So, I turn my cellphone off, and go to find my keys.

"Mikey?" I shout out, retrieving my keys from the hook and stuffing them into my pocket with my wallet. "Mikey, I'm going out. Mom's gone to work, and me and Sunshine are - uhm...going to school. Right. Look after yourself, kid."

With that, I take my girlfriend's hand and leave.

"Oh, crap! Did you call your Mom? I just remembered!"

We're sat in Starbucks, clutching a Mocha each (extra chocolate shavings and of course a double chocolate shot) when I remember that Beam's mom must be getting kinda worried: especially because she hasn't heard from her daughter since last night.

"Oh, yeah. It's all taken care of. I assume you called your Mom?" Beam smiles at me, then sips carefully at her hot drink.

Suddenly, a cute little rumble cuts the quick silence between our conversation.

"Hungry, sugar?" I ask, grinning at her.

"Oh, uhm, yeah...kind of, uh..." She blushes, stumbling through her speech in an embarrassed way.

"You're so cute." I reach across the table to put a lone hair dangling in her eyes behind her ear. "I'm starving too. Let's go get something to eat."

So we down our coffee and head outside into downtown Belleville. It's chilly - really chilly - so I offer my girlfriend a ride on my back in an effort to warm her up.

Of course, she gets on my back in a totally amusing way, because it's my wonderfully weird Sunny.

"Onward, horse!" She kicks my sides, giggling.

"Neigh!" I chuckle too, playing along.

"To the stables!"

I wicker encouragingly, sounding scarily a lot like a horse.

I end up running into Wal-Mart neighing and with a 17 year old girl on my back, 'cantering' around corners, 'galloping' down the aisles...that is until we crash into a shelf filled with cans of soup.