Chapter 4: Dodge That Ball!

We all meet up in the main lodge for breakfast, most of us; especially the boys, were dead tired, still feeling the effects of the awake-a-thon. I enter the hall and see Duncan with his head on the table, his food untouched, attempting to sleep. I go and sit beside the green mohawked male once I grab my food.

"Duncan you might want to wake up before Chef sees you're not eating your food and cuts your head off" I comment.

"I wouldn't care either way" he mumbles back.

"Did you not sleep at all last night?"

"Nope."

"Harold wouldn't stop snoring" Tyler says who like everyone else at the table, looked tired.

"I see."

"Duncan" Chris calls, causing Duncan to look up from his rest, "you look like death dude."

"Stick it" was his only comment before putting his head back on the table.

"Harold snored all night, as we already just discussed" Courtney replies.

"Wow, four nights with no sleep, how much are you hurting dude?" Chris laughs

"Wanna find out?" Duncan questions, really not wanting to be messed with.

Chris puts his hands up, "no, no, it's cool, it's cool."

Everyone in the room hides under the table except for me. As Duncan glares at Chris, I put my hand on his causing him to look at me.

"Duncan, just calm down and put your head on the table, get the sleep while you can" I whisper to him.

Duncan tenses up before doing as I ask and puts his head back on the table. Before anyone could say anything, the door opens revealing Harold, standing there with a hand drawn moustache. Everyone erupts in laughter as he sits at our table.

"Okay what?" Herold asks confused.

"Someone messed with your face dude" Geoff says.

Harold looks at his reflection on a spoon while everyone else continues to laugh.

"Hey, sweet 'stache."

"Hey everyone, it's Gwen!" Chris calls as Gwen enters the room, her group and myself cheering and clapping for her. She did stick it out the longest and I didn't care if she was on the other team. She was still my friend.

"Hey fish-heads, way to kick out your strongest player, why don't you just give up now?" Heather calls from across the room and Courtney throws some slop at her but Heather jumps out of the way, causing the slop to hit Gwen instead.

"Well maybe if you weren't such BLEEP!" I yell getting out of my seat but Geoff holds me down and Chris stares at me disapprovingly for swearing.

"Moving on, campers listen up, this challenge begins in ten minutes and be prepared to bring it" Chris says as Geoff manages to get me back in my seat and I sit there, crossing my arms.

We all head to the outdoor dodgeball court where Chris had told us to meet. Duncan was the last one to arrive falling asleep on one of the benches as soon as he does.

"Wake me up and it'll be the last thing any of you ever do" Duncan growls before laying his head down again.

Everyone nods nervously not wanting to tick Duncan off.

"This is all your fault you and your snoring face" Courtney says accusing Harold.

"It's called a medical condition" Harold responds.