Chapter 4

Kace's POV

Terror and hatred surged through my veins. I know...I know that I have to get through this but it's scary. It's so damn terrifying to face the fears you've been trying to forget. I was alright. I was....but now, I feel sick. I don't want to be here.

My breathing grew heavy, my demons slowly materialising once again. They were big, huge and red. They were all red.

"-ce, KACE!!!" William's Alpha voice broke all those illusions at once. I took a deep breath and looked at Liam who was in front of me, sitting on my lap, holding my hands and rubbing them.

"Kace! Calm down, baby. I'm here; we're all here, alright?" He stopped rubbing my hands and instead wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back and rubbed my head on his chest. He caressed my back soothingly and whispered sweet words to my ears.

I hugged him tighter, pressing his body close to mine. I rubbed my nose up and down his neck, taking his scent, slowly but surely calming myself. I got my fears under control my fears, not letting them take over.

'Calm down, Kace. Our family's with us, we don't need to be afraid.' Arctic's gentle voice helped me completely settle my raging emotions. I knew that he was also feeling negative, that we were in the same boat. I closed my eyes and it was almost as if I could see him; a fully white, huge wolf with a goofy smile on his face, rubbing his giant head on my face as he reassured me. After a few minutes I patted Liam on the back.

"I'm fine now. Let's go." I gave him my signature cocky smirk as he got off me. I could tell he was still worried as he once again held my hand and gave me a small peck on the cheek. I smirked even wider which caused him to blush.

"Let's go."

I gave him a small nod as we both exited the car at the same time. The rest were already outside, but only William was conversing. I changed my smirk to a small fake smile as I stood next to William. Mercile gave me a glance and then looked away, continuing the conversation with William. I felt a lump form in my throat at his glance but swallowed it down. Mercia, John and Angel's eyes were all on me as Liam was probably secretly telling them what happened in the car. I kept my back straight not letting my emotions spill. I couldn't let the Dirty Ranger's Pack smell my emotions.

I felt intimidated standing in front of Mercile. I felt fear and panic but the presence of my Alpha, my boyfriend and my family made me strong and a little more confident.

"It was a very tiring journey. I must say your pack house is absolutely splendid...." William and Mercile talked aimlessly for a few more minutes before the former finally decided to introduce us.

"This is Liam, my brother, Angel my fiancé, John, my delta, and Kace, my Beta. We are the Crimson Fang pack and it's a pleasure to meet all of you." I could see everyone freeze once they heard my name. Evander's eyes which were for some reason down caste the whole time, immediately shot up to look at me. Shock and confusion filled his face and I could feel twinges of sadness and a little stuffiness in my heart. I quickly looked away and turned my attention to Mercile.

His smile was distorted as he stared at me but he quickly covered it up.

"Oh...I didn't think your whole pack hierarchy was visiting, Alpha William." Mercile said a hidden meaning beneath those seemingly harmless words.

"Well, they're all not here. My enforcers and the rest of my family are still yet to meet your pack."

Mercile gave him a forced smile and then beckoned us to follow him as he led us inside his pack house. The 30 to 50 pack members, excluding Mercile's family, made way, their eyes looking dully at us, the shock from the revelation of my identity gone. There were a lot more people in the pack before I left, around 200-500 but now, the whole place seemed so desolate. There were also no children or pups to be seen. The pack members who came to greet us were silent the whole time. Weirdly they were all the people I rarely saw during my stay at this pack.

I felt unpleasant chills crawl up my spine as we edged closer and closer to the pack house. It still looked the same from the outside, large imposing white walls with lines of blue and black crisscrossed all across the mansion, a medium sized black door with blue handles and various carvings on it that is supposedly only able to be read by the Dirty Ranger's Pack members.

Once we were inside I felt my now very small fake smile drop and bile rising up my throat. Everything was the same inside too and that made me tense. The same long, imposing corridor, the same reddish brown carpet which looked stained with blood and the same large white walls that felt like a cage. Various forgotten emotions were brought back to life by this scene and I felt uncomfortable and vulnerable. I couldn't control the fear and panic from pulsing through my veins.

My family came closer to my side and Arctic slowly sent strength to me, helping me to curb my emotions a little. Mercile was talking on and on about all the antiques around the hall and boasting about his pack house's bad décor. He was a chatterbox and didn't allow anyone else to talk. Mertle silently smiled, Evander took a few sneak peeks at me but resolutely kept his head down, Tobias just looked around with his chin held high and his bear body taking up half of the rather wide corridor while Lilius excused herself to take a phone call and went walking down another path which I figured where her office was.

Fear, panic, hatred and heartache completely filled me as we came to an open space. The space where I received most of my abuse. I struggled to keep my emotions in check. The musty scent of the pack house and the scent of all the familiar yet unfamiliar wolves overpowered the presence of my family and I felt suffocated. I could sense my defence mechanism slowly acting up. But I didn't want to enter a state of numbness, a state which helped me cope from the abuse of this pack but at the same time which shut me out from my family for months.

I wanted to give in so much. Arctic was also affected by my emotions, the chain of power weakening. My breathing was ragged and uneven; I felt my air supply being cut off. It was as if the air just disappeared, leaving me breathless and suffocating.

Thankfully we had reached the rooms we were to stay in. After a quick conversation with Mercile, Liam pulled me into a random room with William continuing the nonsensical conversation.

He locked the room and then hugged me as I lost feeling in my legs. We sat on the floor as he held me close. I took in his familiar scent, my body calming but the emotions were still raw and present. For the first time in 4 years, I wanted to cry and throw a tantrum. I wanted to go home. I wanted to go home. I don't want to be here. Let me go home...please.

----********----

Don't look, you'll cry.

Don't cry.

Don't cry.

Don't cry.

--**--

Keep your head up.

Don't cry.

They don't know.

They don't know.

They don't know.

--**--

Run. Run away.

Don't cry.

Let them go

Let them go

Let them go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: That was quite a sad chapter...haha(Don't kill me!). Please Comment, Vote and Share!