Chapter Eight: Mom

~Run, Boy Run~

~Run, Boy Run~

After a while of trying to get Klaus to the Umbrella Academy and away from drugs, Doll gave up and they parted ways for the day. A few hours and a stop at the grocery store later she was back in her apartment, noting that she forgot her suitcase at the Academy. 

She walked into her kitchen putting her groceries away and kicked off her heals. Doll was exhausted, the last two days took their toll on her, more than she wanted to admit. She took out her phone, hoping Klaus was back home, she gave him her number so he could let her know. 

Klaus's only text message was a thumps up emoji. She frowned, a few missed calls from her workplace flooded the display. Hastily she called her boss. "Hello? Richard, is everything alright?" 

A sigh came from the other side, "Hey Hargreeves, it's a bit of a mess here, yesterday someone shot up Griddy's Diner. I initially wanted to ask you for help, but seeing that you were busy I stopped trying to reach you a few hours ago. Oh and you don't need to worry now, I worked it out someone else came." 

Doll was confused, she had no idea. She hadn't expected for something like this and left her phone on mute half the day, neither had she heard of the incident anywhere else. "I'm sorry, I was with my family. But do you still need help? I could come by." 

"Oh? No, no, don't worry. We're almost done, cleaning up an all. It's just, it were almost a dozen bodies that came in last night, nobody knows anything and now our morgue is filled up with them. And I know that you're off work, but you where the first person coming to mind and I was a bit overwhelmed." 

He told her honestly, making Doll laugh soundless, "No worries boss, I'll be back next week. Have a nice evening." 

"Yeah, thanks. You too." 

The phone slipped out her hands and landed with a soft thud on the sofa she sat down on a few moments ago. She stood back up to fetch herself some tea and used the rest of late evening to go over old reports she needed to finish.

~*~

The next day she stood up early and used her tiny car to drive to the Academy. She parked not to far as she suddenly thought seeing Five drive past her in an unknown van. Shutting the door to her car, she shakes her head, walking up a side alley leading'to the Academy.