Chapter Ten: The Truth

~Number Five~

~Number Five~

"When's it supposed to happen? This... Apocalypse." Luther asked Five the moment he woke up Doll still sat beside him on Diegos bed, examining his body for any injuries as he slept.

"I can't give you the exact hour, but... from what I could gather, we have four days left." He answered, fumbling with his hands.

"Why didn't you say something sooner?" Doll thought about it, what he told her about the eye, even she still has a hard time believing that it's true and that Five didn't just lost his mind.

"It wouldn't have mattered."

"Of course it would. We could've banded together and helped you try to stop this thing." Luther countered slightly hurt. "We woudn't have believed him, I'm still doubting." Doll told them truthfully, she dosen't want for it  to be the truth.

She looked down playing with her gloves in shame, Fives eyes wandered between her and Luther. "Firstly that. And for the record, you already tried."

"What do you mean?" Luther asked, Doll turns more to Five looking at his side profile. "I found all of you. Your bodies." Five said, the pain evident in his eyes.

"We die?" Doll whispered, loud enough for both men to hear.

"Horribly." He said looking at his siblings. And even though she thought he hadn't noticed, he did as Doll ever so slightly got closer to him. 

"You were together, trying to stop whoever it was that ends the world." Five said tears glazing his eyes, Doll patted his shoulder, trying to keep him from falling down a hole of memories he wouldn't get out from.

"Wait, how do you know that?"

She retracted her hand as Five got out something wrapped in a piece of cloth, slowly unwrapping it. "This was clutched in your dead hand when I found you. Must've ripped it out of their head right before you went down." He showed them an the eye that was so important, throwing it to Luther, inspecting it.

"Whose head?"

"Like I said, I don't know."

"Well, there's a serial number on the back. Think maybe you could try..."

"He already tried it that way, I was with him onto that." Doll said quietly, drawing Luthers attention before both theirs turned to Five as he chuckled. "It's just another hunk of glass."

 Luther gave the eye back to Five as the door flied open, Doll stood up preparing for the worst as an angered Diego stormed in.

"Piece of shit." Luther too now stood up, Doll taking cautious steps, raising a hand as Diego stormed onto Five. "Do you have any idea what you just did?"