Chapter Fifteen: Murder Mystery

Doll was tired, she didn't sleep at all the night before, checking on Five every hour to make sure his wounds didn't reopen and the bandages were clean. So now she stood in the kitchen, making herself a cup of coffee to get through the day, it was actually the third she made in the last two hours. 

She stared on the wall, losing herself in her mind but the sound of bells ringing broke the silence that surrounded her just seconds ago.

She followed it, not surprised at all as she heard Klaus voice flowing down the hall, "Wakey, wakey! Eggs and bakey!" He sung.

The blonde turned a corner and saw him at Luthers door, latter standing before him with just a blanket around his waist and his hairy chest exposed. 

It wasn't possible for her to make out what they said, but as she came closer and Klaus body wasn't shielding Luther anymore she needed to make a double take and stood still. Her mouth hung open at the sign of her brother with the upper body of an ape, she closed it again too shocked to not be speechless standing there and processing that this isn't a hallucination of being sleep deprived.

"He popped his cherry!" Klaus danced around, catching a glimpse of Doll, who stood there with a unreadable expression on her face, he pointed the bell at her before turning back to Luther, gasping. "Now you're gonna have to marry her!"

"Would you keep your voice down?" Luther turned to his door, alarmed his guest might have heard Klaus, he still swung the bell around.

"Hey, you know, I remember my first... Oh, no, I don't... Do you?" Klaus called over his shoulder. Luther looked behind his brother and saw Doll frozen on spot like a deer caught in the headlights, he was confused for a moment but remembered that she actually never saw him like that and was ashamed.

"Klaus, what is it?"

"What? Oh, the... Uh, important family business. Meet me downstairs, okay? And, Luther... No dilly-dallying, all right? Chop, chop." Klaus turned around, walking up to his sister. 

"Why does he...? When did he...? You knew about this?" Doll stumbled over her own words, Klaus shook his head, linking an arm through hers. "Don't you worry about it." She looked up at him with bewilderment, "How?"

~*~

Doll sat at the kitchen table, her eyes never leaving Luther, now clad in a big hoodie with the hood over his head. He glanced at her, warily, not exactly sure how long she would keep staring and what was going on in her mind.

"Here we go. This'll fix ya." Klaus purred him some coffee, as Luther was about to lift it to his mouth it got snatched from his hands by Five. The lone woman looked at Five, scolding for being so reckless all the time, the boy in blue pyjamas ignored her, concentrating on his coffee.

"Nice. Okay." Klaus muttered, filling a fifth cup with coffee, Doll furrowed her brows at his odd behaviour, she slid her cup over to Luther as a sigh of indemnification for her reaction and she also already had way too much caffeine this morning.

"Jesus. Who do I gotta kill to get a decent cup of coffee?" Five blurred out.

"Can we get started?"

"Anyone seen any of the others? Diego? Allison? No?" Doll shook her head, answering Klaus question, she had no idea where they went, she had expected them to return by morning so they could regroup but so far there was nothing.