Chapter Fourteen: Creepy Attic

~The Day That Was~

~The Day That Was~

Diego, Five, Allison and Doll sat in Diegos car, parking not far from the police station to find out who this Harold Jenkins really is. 

"I know this Jenkins dude has to have a record. We gotta get our hands on this file." Diego said, unlocking his seatbelt. 

Doll sat beside Allison in the backseat, turning her head to her sister who was looking out the rear window of the car. "And your plan is to what? Waltz in there and just ask for it?" She asked him sarcastically.

"I know the station like the back of my hand, sis. I've spent a lot of time inside."

"Handcuffed." Doll interfered with creased brows, Allison pointed out a hand at her, siding with her sister.

Diego looked in the rearview-mirror at Doll, "Whatever. Here's the plan."

"Plan? I'm just gonna blink in and get the file." Five was right, it was the fastest and easiest way in.

"No, that's not... You don't know the ins and outs of this place, okay?" Diego argued shaking his head.

"I literally just did this yesterday." Doll leaned a bit around towards Allison, to get a better look at Five, "Huh?"

"What?" They where all a bit confused by Fives statement, it made not much sense at all.

"My yesterday, not your yesterday. It'll take me two seconds. Why don't I just go?"

"Listen to me. You are not going in there. I made a call. That's what a leader does. He leads."

There was no time left to fight and argue, so they let Diego go and get the file.

~*~

Doll and Five leaned on a wall with their arms crossed as Allison made a call, trying to get a hold of Vanya and apologize.

The blonde looked down on her slightly smaller brother, her heels giving her a few centimetres extra even though without them she was still taller than him. 

He seemed off, a bit pale and vulnerable, something he hasn't been since he arrived in 2019. Five catched her gaze, her eyes where questioning him if he was okay, he dismissed it and nodded, both turned their attention to the dirty pavement beneath them.