Chapter 16 - West Coast

Robert hadn't even fully stopped the car before Harry was at the door

Robert hadn't even fully stopped the car before Harry was at the door. Pulling it open eagerly, he practically dragged me out so that he could engulf me in his arms and bury his face in my neck.

"Christ, I've missed you," he muttered, holding onto me tightly.

The sound of the boot being closed reminded Harry that we weren't alone, and he reluctantly pulled away to grab my case while I got my hold-all from the back seat. Shaking Robert's hand, Harry warmly thanked him.

"He saved my bacon, that's for sure," I grinned, extending my own hand in thanks. Harry looked at me quizzically, but not wanting to cause him any worry, I waved my hand to dismiss the issue. "Don't worry about it, I'll tell you later."

With a final wave, Robert got in the car and drove off, leaving Harry and I alone. We were quiet for a moment, standing face to face as Harry took my hand in his and held onto it tightly. This was it, our relationship was public, and we were about to spend two whole weeks together with no worry about having to be discreet.

Sighing happily, he said, "Come on, let's get you in and unpacked. Are you hungry?"

"No, not yet. I just need a shower and a nap."

Harry picked up my suitcase, slid his free arm around my shoulder, and I placed mine around his lower back. Leaning down, he kissed the tip of my nose before leading me into the house.

Inside, everything was equally stunning as the outside. There was a warm glow coming in from the windows as the sun almost set. The architecture was slightly mid-century, and it was mostly open-plan, but the style was as comfortable as his house in London. It didn't quite feel like the him I knew and was used to, but I looked forward to getting to know all of the different Harrys.

Standing at the front door, Harry gave a quick tour - pointing to the left that the kitchen was in that direction, as was the gym and stairs down to the garage. However, what made me gasp, was that even from where I stood I could see through the house, out to the patio, past the pool and all across the Los Angeles city skyline. I slipped away from him, and headed to the open door. I loved London, it was my home, and it was always going to be, but I couldn't deny how beautiful the view was.

It wasn't long before I felt Harry against my back, hands on the curve of my waist, and his chin resting on my shoulder.

"This place is stunning, Harry, truly." I breathed, having a moment of disbelief that I was in this place with him.

"It's not too bad is it?" Turning me around to face him, a soft, lopsided smile appeared on his sweet, kissable lips. "Oh no, yes, this view is definitely much better."

"You think you're so bloody cute." Chuckling, I rolled my eyes and reached up on my tiptoes to kiss him, my arms circling his neck as his palm held me against his body.

We hadn't really been able to enjoy each other when he'd come home for Terry's funeral - I'd been too distracted or tired, or he'd been too annoyed because of Will trying to kiss me - so it was nice to be close and not have my mind racing at high speed. I had hit a wall of tiredness in the airport, but as he welcomed my kiss eagerly and I felt his hand wandering under my shirt, pulling the hem of my vest up to stroke his thumb along my spine, I felt desire begin to stir.