Telling of my tale.

I'm back!

Nico.

As the flames died out around me, my head spun causing me to fall on my hands and knees.

I didn't even get the chance to get to my feet before a booming voice cried out.

"By the gods boy you frightened the gears out of me!"
I looked up at the voice and saw a very large god.
Bearing down on me like I was a curious insect.

He was huge, burly his skin cracked and damaged by a millennia of working by the forge he wore a pair of grey overalls embroidered with his name, his black beard hissed and smoldered slightly yet his eyes a soulful brown.

Like Leo's.

"Halfblood I think, son of Hades yes? You smell like death but only faint should be stronger yes. But why here?"
He scuttled back to his work bench his metal leg braced clattered as he stepped.
I pulled myself up quickly, trying not stumble in front of a god.

"Lord Hephaestus, I have come for your aid." I spoke loudly my confidence a lie.

"Yes I believe you have boy." Hephaestus turned back to me, His eyes holding a small sadness.

"But first I think I am owed the story." I bit back frustration.
"A story?" My emotion getting the better of me.
"There isn't time for a story I have to-"

I was silenced by his glare, I had to be careful I needed his help and yet...

"Tell me the story of why you have come to me, to seek me out." He grumbled.

I took a deep breath and composed myself.
"Yes I will tell you my tale".

I sat on the stool closest to the magnificently enormous forge, the heat was comforting.

"It began a year ago, the day had begun and I awoke with a bang, a prank contraption had gone off in my cabin I leaped and disarmed the sprinkler device and taking the corpse of the machine with me I confronted the culprit..."

I told him of Leo, his heartbreak. The day I comforted him and made him smile.
I spoke of our date riding the famous winged dragon across the sky, I held to him my heart full of warmth and care that I had not yet had in my heart.

I regaled him of the intimate details of it I did not wish to blush.

I told him of the year in between.
The quest our adventures we battled together. The moments I held dear, I poured out my heart and soul to Hephaestus like song sung of the heart.

I held back tears as I spoke of the recent incident, Leo snatched away my agony of emptiness at his death only to find he is alive and kidnapped.

I told him of what Phobos helped me see in Calpso's home.

"Phobos eh?" Hephaestus mumbled.
I nodded and said "Calpso sent me here, I need your help to get back to the island and save him".

Hephaestus looked at me his eyes reading everything within me.

"Do you love my son?"
He whispered.

My mind stopped, why was he asking me that?

"What?" I breathed, my lungs slowing down.

"Do you love him, son of Hades?"
I realised he wanted to know my resolve was i willing to do everything to keep him safe?

"Yes, I love him."
I said my heart beginning to thud hard.
When I save him I  would tell him everyday.

"Then you'll need an old friend to get you there"
Hephaestus stood from his workbench and stomped over to the small window.

With a wave of his large hand the window became larger until a cold breeze of the night air hit my face cooling it from the forges heat.

A large platform had been created from that small window I realised it looked similar to a helicopter pad.

"Come boy" he motioned me to follow and I did.
The sky was clear and below was Manhattan skyline whether that was where we were or it was the mist at work who was to say?

Hephaestus stopped and looked at the sky, putting his fingers in his mouth he blew at a whistle with the power of a fog horn.

The air changed, the wind grew and howled I heard a distant flutter almost like wings.

Hephaestus turned to me smiling, "My son has made me proud boy. I cannot intervene with his destiny, But you can."

I didn't reply, gods didn't say these things but I had seen before that they felt it more than most.

Looking up i saw what was creating such a force of wind.
"Festus!" I cried.

The bronze plated dragon lowered himself until he landed on the heli-pad. He roared and stood proud, unable to contain the puff of fire that flew from him.

"An old friend huh?" I smiled staring at Hephaestus. He shrugged and patted Festus on the snout.

"He may not have the sphere of archimedes but he does remember the way. Automatons are incredible that way."
Hephaestus spoke with such care and love for them but it was almost heartbreaking.

People hurt him, his family hurt him and his solace was in the love for his creations, Including his children.

"Well then boy!" Hephaestus bellowed causing me to jump, "Hop on!" I obliged, climbing atop Festus and placing myself in the leather saddle. I gripped the handles on his shoulders the leather grip reassured me I wouldn't just flop off.

Hephaestus clumped over to me and placed his hand on my arm. It felt so hot and slightly comforting.

"Save my son" he whispered.

His eyes... so much like Leo's that I couldn't speak I just nodded.

Hephaestus stepped back his yes didn't waver from mine.

"Festus?" His name came out a murmmer yet he had heard me.
Little clicks like Morse code answered me.

"Let's go get out Leo back".
With my words Festus shot into the sky like a bullet, his might might wings beating with a force like hurricane.

In moments the helicopter pad was gone from sight and I closed my eyes.

Leo, I'm coming.

Leo.

I lay in the sand, my body gorged from the monsters attack. It always caught me, always won.

"Had enough my pet?" Khione spoke as she stepped closer to me.

"Just kill me" I breathed,  my heart would stop from all this blood loss if I just-

"No no little one" she purred and suddenly I felt the island begin to heal me.
I growled, "Go to tarturus bitch".

Khione hissed and kicked my with the strength of a god.
Ribs broke and I coughed blood upon the sand.

"Enough now you must rest my pet." Unconsciousness began to overwhelm me.

"For by dawn our only Son of Hades will arrive and that's when I will end you..."

I couldn't move I could not speak I could only cry out into the void.

Nico please don't come.

Then my world went dark.

See you all very soon.