◆𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

𝑀𝐴𝑇𝑇𝐻𝐸𝑊  

──────⊱◈◈◈⊰──────

The new guy kept on looking at Kes like he knew her from somewhere, and I couldn't miss the look in his sister's eyes. Did she dislike her already? 

It was break now and the class was rowdy and slightly crowded with students from the next class. Ibinabo from commercial class, already gossiping with MJ and Wonder about only God knows what. 

Every corner had students who were engaged in one conservation or the other. 

Blessing Nnebe sat on Kamil's laps staring at him like he's a whole snack. The boy in return had a dry look on his face, totally uninterested in all the attention she was showering on him.

Blessing has had her sights set on him for a very long time. Well, it all began when Kamil began paying so much attention to her. The girl got hooked on him ever since then.

"Are you leaving to eat now?" I asked Tolu as he got up from his chair.

"No. Class Captain duties." Came his bored reply which made me remember how I narrowly escaped being chosen as the class captain. I had left the Principal's office and was about to enter my class but stopped abruptly at the entrance when Clinton and Tolu began giving me signs to go back.

Confusion set in for a while until I heard the following words.

"Matthew Bamidele for class captain." 

I retraced my footsteps back to where I was coming from right away.

"But would you be able to make it back before the break is over?"

He shrugged. "Maybe."

Looking around the class, I sighted the new girl Amariah, who I think was coming our way. More like cat walking our way. 

Showing off already.

"And here comes the hottie," Clinton announced and I shook my head at his words.

Amariah flashed us a really bright smile once she got to us, displaying her pearly white set of 32.

"Hey, guys." She waved.

"Hey, Amariah." Tolu and Clinton replied while I just gave her a curt nod. 

"Who's the tour guy? Let's get this over with." A smile graced her face as she spoke, with one hand on the table and the other in the pocket of her blazer. 

"Excuse me, but who are you calling tour guy?" Tolu questioned.

"Are you him?"

"I'm the class captain. Not a tour guy."

"Then instead of you standing there and giving me an explanation I didn't ask for, let's get going."

"Tolu, are you guys coming or what?" Kesiena appeared with Amariah's brother before Tolu could retort and things could get messy.

Kesiena's eyes darted between Tolu and Amariah, and I didn't miss the long eye roll from the latter. Something was up with the attitude she was giving Kes.