◆Five

𝐾𝐸𝑆𝐼𝐸𝑁𝐴

─────⊱◈◈◈⊰──────

It was 5:30 and we had only done one assignment so far, with 2 more to go. We being I and Zino. She decided to come home with me and stay behind so we could do our assignments together. 

Zino groaned loudly and threw her pen across the room in frustration.

"That's the fifth pen you've thrown across the room. I don't have any spare pen to lend you anymore."

"What is this for God's Sake? What kind of nonsense assignment is this?"

Believe me when I say I was as frustrated as Zino here. I was already developing a headache and I really needed to sleep, but I was stuck with an assignment that won't even be added to our C.A.

"See ehn,"  Zino closed her books and looked up at me. "I'm going home. I cannot come and kill myself."

She got up from my bed and adjusted her skirt.

"So you're leaving me here with this disaster of an assignment?"

Zino shrugged, putting all her books into her bag. "You're a scholar na. I'll copy yours tomorrow, or you can take a picture and send it to me."

Can you imagine this one?

"You and who? You're joking sha."

She zipped her bag and gestured to her face.

"Kes, do I look like I'm joking?"

"So you're trying to scare me or what?" I chuckled and slapped my thigh. "Zino, you're joking. Better go home before your mother files a missing person's report."

"This your shakara ehn. Don't worry, I'll ask Dalu or Zahrah."

"And you know Zahrah won't give you shit."

She sighed loudly then took her bag from my bed and slung it over her shoulder.

"I'm going to my father's house."

"Love you boo." I laughed as I walked out of the room with her.

"Shove your filthy love up your smelling ass."

"Ehen? In my house?" My mom yelled from downstairs and Zino quickly placed her hand over her mouth. I chuckled and she glared at me, giving me a punch on my arm.

"Ma, I'm going home." Zino said to my mum once we got downstairs.

"Who is that person that said that thing?"

The lie was out before I knew it.

"No mummy, someone sent a message to our class group chat so we mistakenly read the message out loud." Zino frantically nodded her head beside me.

Elohor who was seated beside my mom with Theresa on her laps had an amused look on her face with a raised eyebrow, obviously aware that it was a lie, and impressed by how fast I coughed it out.