korra | the way you move

summary - that time korra joined the fire ferrets, (waterbender!reader) requested
warnings - none... for the first time... wow

training with your brothers was always a time you enjoyed. it was just you and your family warming up before a match that you would definitely win.

you never felt uneasy, you never felt unsafe.

this feeling changed however when she appeared.

korra, a feisty girl in water tribe attire and an attitude that unsettled you. that's how it was at the start anyway.

it had now been a few days and you were slowly getting used to having this new person around, her presence slowly becoming quite pleasant for you.

one early morning, you decided to get some quiet training done alone. there were times were you preferred it that way, the silence and peace helping you focus on the movement of the water and your strength.

your white vest and blue training tights made it easy for you to move around, your feet gliding across the ground like a graceful dance.

korra stood in the entry way of the room in silence as she watched you bend the water with such elegance, a quality she had noticed when she had first joined the ferrets.

it amazed her how someone so quiet and so calm could manipulate water with such ease and force.

she stepped toward slowly not wanting to startle you, her body almost hesitant to approach yours.

korra raised her hands, some of your water flowing her way as she copied your moves.

her appearance surprised you but your eyes finally met hers with a smile as the two of you began to bend together.

you were sparring but to anyone on the outside it would've looked like a dance. she would approach you and you would move back. you would move the water towards her and she would move swiftly under it.

gradually, the two of you closed the gap between you; hands now resting at your side as she bent the water into a bucket into the corner.

there was a new feeling in the atmosphere around her as the two of you quietly caught your breath.

she looked down at your hand with some sort of caution. you nodded and she eventually took it in hers and smiled.

"hey y/n."

"hi korra."