katara | obvious

summary — when you force everyone to have girls' trip to the jasmine dragon so you can confess your feelings to a certain water bender
warnings — bad pun *ding* uhm,, some language but it's vv mild (for once-)
-

whenever he could, zuko always managed to find time away from his fire lord duties to return to the jasmine dragon - his home away from home.

people, for the most part, were now getting used to the fact 'lee', the silent and sometimes awkward waiter, was in fact the leader of the fire nation. you still laughed every-time a newcomer saw his face.

"hey, we should to see him!" you smiled at the girl beside you. "it's been so long!"

"it's been a couple of days," toph groaned. "why do you want to go there so much? last time we went you were all like 'this is my chance to ask out katara! oh, finally it's the right moment!" she teased.

with a flick of your hand, toph cursed into the wind as she rubbed the spot on her head where you launched a stone at her.

"i'm gonna do it this time," you commented ignoring her. "definitely. totally. one hundred percent-"

"let's just go!"

---

iroh brought your tea over, his bright smile lighting the girls with joy.

you were sat with suki, toph and katara in the beautiful earth kingdom café as you thanked the wise man for the drinks and chattered about everything and anything.

"becoming a guard for zuko is so much work sometimes," suki chuckled.

"not as much work as seeing y/n be such a pus-"

"hey, katara?" you interrupted loudly. she nodded at you expectantly with a smile and you continued.

"i think you are..." you started, your words disappearing when she placed her hand on yours.

"you think i'm what?"

'this has to be a joke,' you thought. 'there was no way she didn't already know about your feelings.'

you cursed toph silently as you looked away from the water bender with flushed cheeks. "i think you're ready to know about toph's old crush on sokka."

"i did not!-"

"she was in love with him-"

"y/n, just admit your feelings already!"

"SUKI?" you shouted, looking at the warrior shocked. "you knew!"

katara laughed and placed a small kiss on your cheek.

"everyone did."