Part 1

As Maya groggily rolled over for the fifth time to turn off her alarm, she noticed the time and that she had slept in. She turned and softly patted her boyfriend on the shoulder. "Hurry up Dawson, we are going to be late" she said in a quiet voice. Dawson's eyes slowly crept open as he grunted "So?". Maya as she ran to the bathroom to do her makeup yelled down the hall... "So, we can't be late for our second day of Med school.". "K" is all she heard as she decided to quickly jump in the shower.

As they entered the classroom just an hour later they carefully shut the large wooden doors behind them hoping they wouldn't make a noise. But they weren't invisible and that was made quite clear as their Lecturer announced quite abruptly "You're late Ms Taylor and Mr Moore". In the silence that followed all you could hear was " Sorry" as they both ran to their seats next to their best friend Ali.

Ali Crawford was a 21-year-old from the heart of Scotland, Edinburgh. Maya Taylor and Dawson Moore were also from Edinburgh, although they were both a year younger than Ali. They had all met in Secondary School and since their first conversation they had been best friends. However, only a couple of years ago Dawson had confessed that he was in love with Maya and had been for quite some time. And that was the start of Maya and Dawson. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the week, they all went out for dinner and a drink to celebrate their first week at Med school. The night was full of laughs, smiles, jokes and surprises.

At the end of the night they walked Ali home but as they entered her house, Ali grabbed Mayas hand and dragged her into the kitchen. "What's wrong Ali?" Maya asked thinking something was wrong. Is Ali pregnant? Has she got a new boyfriend? Is her parents getting divorced? Is she upset, is she ill? "no i'm not pregnant, still no boyfriend, no divorce they are happily married, I'm not upset or ill". Red rushed to Mayas cheeks as she realised she had thought out loud. She went to run to the bathroom to wash her face to avoid "What have you done this time Maya".

"NO" broke the silence. Ali held her hand "not until I say you can go". Maya grew more and more confused... it was was half one in the morning what in the world could be this important at this time. Ali's phone suddenly binged. " Okay you can go, straight to the living room though. No detours.", Ali said almost shouting without realising. "K" Maya quickly answered before running through.

There was bunting, banners, balloons and a massive teddy bear, all proclaiming Dawsons love for Maya. Maya remained quiet as Dawson came in and told her to turn around.

"Maya, the first time I saw you I knew I was going to fall in love with you. And now here we are, we have our own flat, a dog together little Rex, started medical school together, but I want more. I want more adventures, more mornings lying in front of the TV under a blanket, more holidays, more dinners. More time with you. You can turn around."

As he knelt on one knee the question came "Maya Taylor, will you marry me?"