Part 16

As Dawson woke up to the sound of rain hitting his window, he quickly remembered what the day was. He jumped out of bed and ran through to the living room to wake David. However he was already awake. "Couldn't sleep?" Dawson asked him. David shook his head as he stood up and headed to the kitchen, Dawson following. They saw what the girls had written to them and they both had tears forming in their eyes once they had finished reading, as they knew that could be the last time they ever heard from them. 

A couple of hours later they were sitting on the couch watching movies. They decided to stay at home for the rest of the day, just incase one of the girls came home. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in Nova the remaining 20 people were standing in the Great Hall patiently waiting for Dae. Dae came out and it was clear that she was close to passing away. Her breath was frail and she had a beautiful dress on. It was light blue with crystals all over it. It had white lace on the bodice and she wore a pink tiara on top of her hair.

She spoke her voice even weaker than her breath. "Hello all, as you know by now I am dying. i know this was a surprise to all of you, but I do not have much time left. As far as I know a Goddess dying is extremely rare and it only happens when someone more worthy comes into their castle. Today we are gathered here to listen to everyone's presentations and then I have a decision to make. Let us begin."

Maya and Ali watched as people went up and down off the podium, speaking about their soulmates, they grew more nervous by the minute. Soon it was Mayas turn. She walked up to the podium and with tear filled eyes and thoughts that she might never get back home she did everything she could to try to secure the place. She spoke about Dawson, explained the playlist and the photo album. Once her time was up she could not fight back her tears any more, she walked back to Ali. 

Next it was Ali's turn to go up. She with a heavy heart and tears flowing down her face she explained the list of memorabilia and the letters. She had to stop multiple times as she couldn't get her words out because she was cry. They stood together and watched everyone else giving their presentations. From what they both saw and heard they believed that they all deserved to go back. 

Everyone was standing in the hall before the podium once more and they could hear Daes breath slowing down. The God of Nova came out of a room and held Daes hand. "Who do you wish to be brought back to earth?" he asked her. Daes eyes closed even more and she whispered just loud enough for everyone to hear. 

"Maya". 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Noo." Maya screamed. As everyone else but her and Ali disappeared. 

"Dae". The God of Nova cried. "She is gone." He declared. 

Maya and Ali looked at each other and tears fell from their eyes. "Please you can't separate us" Ali said as the God of Nova came down the stairs. "Please" Maya said. 

"She needs to go, Maya you have been chosen to go home, that is the rules." He said. "Say goodbye." He added.

She gave Ali one last hug and with heavy hearts, sadness in their voices and tears flowing down their faces they said their last goodbye. As the sobs echoed throughout the castle. The God of Nova moved his hand towards the door. Maya watched as Ali went to place her hand on the door and she gave her life long best friend one last smile. 

As Ali placed her hand on the door a bright light shot out and through her. Her heart beat pulsed through the castle walls. But something was different. There were 2 heartbeats, One faint and one loud.