The beginning 2

Mommy forgot to pick me up from school so I had to follow Mrs Andreas home. Don't know when mommy will come get me... I just hope she comes very soon. Otherwise, I might have to sleep here and I don't want to.
Eva, Mrs Andreas daughter isn't the nicest in my class. She likes to bully me and also pick fights. I don't like to fight so I'd rather be silent and cry.

A sharp pain in my foot pushed me out of my thoughts. Here comes Eva glaring at me across the dining table, she has been stepping on my left foot under the table, the pain is getting worse but I dare not cry.

"Why don't you just leave our house, are you scared to sleep alone in your big mansion?" Eva snickered at me and stomped her foot on mine. It felt like a hundred needle pierced through my skin at the same time. I yelled, pouring my cereal away in the process.

Mrs Andreas rushed towards us, asking me what's wrong, across the table Eva is laughing at me. I hate it when people laugh at me, it makes me feel weak and helpless, I hate feeling weak because I am weak so I decided to cry till mommy arrives. I really just want to go home.

Not long, mommy knocked on the front door. As fast as I could I freed myself from Mrs Andreas hug and ran to open the door, throwing myself on her with tears flowing from my eyes. She asked me a lot of questions but I didn't answer her,I only listened as she thanked Mrs Andreas and carried me to her car.

****************

Through out the journey home I kept silent. There's nothing to say because no one really understood me so I am better off talking to myself, it makes me feel calm and comfortable. Even though I am seven years old, I understand something's about my parents and surroundings. My parents are too busy for me, they rarely have time to talk to me or ask about my well being except Mom who still makes time whenever she could. Most times I sleep alone over night because mommy has an emergency at work. Other times, I spent both day and night at evil Eva's house.
Mummy still tries to make it up to me but Daddy? I don't even remember the last time I saw him.

Tomorrow is Saturday, mommy calls it a school free day and I can go visit my friends but i don't have friends and she doesn't know that I spend my time alone in the basement talking to myself.
Deep down inside of me, I really hope daddy will make it this weekend.

Few hours later, we ate dinner in silence by the fireplace. After clearing the dishes, mummy waved me goodnight and went upstairs to bed with excuses about how hard her day has been, the people she attended to and she has to wake up very early tomorrow too. Leaving me on the sofa without a goodnight kiss.
I always feel bad cause it seems that the more I grow, the little affection I receive from them.

**************

I've been sitting here for a while now staring into the dying flame as the last wood succumb to the weight of the world. At this hour, I'm expected to be asleep in my room but I can't sleep because I'm not feeling sleepy at all.

I decided to explore the house all by myself.