Chapter 1

Kylo Ren was a proud man. Or rather, a very proud supernatural being (considering that he was The Devil). So when God, his mother (otherwise called Leia by her closest confidants), caught him being extra naughty in an event he later only referred to in thought as "The Big Oops", he was punished in the worst way a prideful being can be punished. God trapped him and bound him to a ring, and made it so that whoever was in possession of the ring owned the powerful and mighty Kylo Ren. To add insult to injury, Leia hid the ring on Earth in an attempt to minimize the trouble her son could cause by being someone else's personal servant. In this way, only very powerful spell and charm casters who were drawn to the ring's abilities were able to find it and use it for their own misdeeds. 

These people would find the ring, coax Kylo Ren from hiding behind concealment spells (as he was ought to do in an effort to 1) be extra mischievous and 2) avoid having to be used), and would then proceed to bend him to do their bidding. Or rather, they didn't have to bend very hard while they wore the ring since Kylo was forced to serve. This didn't mean that Kylo Ren wouldn't be the biggest pain in the ass about it if he could help it, though. Sure, he loved to cause pain and misfortune... but on his terms. So while these powerful charm casters were able to coax Kylo Ren out of hiding and use him, Kylo Ren usually put in extra effort to twist their words so that they only got part of what they asked for or even something completely different than what it was they originally wanted.

It was this trickster quality that had landed Kylo Ren in the position he was now. Bound to a ring buried in a dusty old thrift store in Pennsylvania. He had been tied to this particular place for years now - so many that he had lost count (which was saying something for an immortal being). The last person who had tried to use the ring, and therefore Kylo Ren, had been so upset at Kylo's twisting of his wishes and words that he vowed to hide the ring in a most unassuming of places so that no one could find it and, as he stated it, "Kylo Ren could rot". He had also gone on to warn the casting community of Kylo Ren's cheating ways so that this generation of casters was less enthusiastic about hunting down the ring for their desires.

Now Kylo Ren wandered aimlessly throughout the thrift store (concealed from view of course), unable to use his powers unless the ring was on someone's finger. And over time, he began to feel quite lonely and frankly, a bit claustrophobic. Upon giving it some thought, as he meandered the racks of the thrift store for the millionth time, he was thankful that his mother hadn't simply stuffed him in a lamp like a genie and had instead allowed him to be not only bound to whoever had the ring, but also bound to the place where the ring was stashed, giving him some small hold on freedom. As he pondered his existence in the mildew-smelling thrift store, he mulled over what his mother had said before she hid the ring away on Earth. She had stated that when it was time, the "right person" would come along and he could finally be freed. What she meant by that cryptic and rather useless bit of information, he had no idea. Who was the right person? And what would they do differently that would finally get him out of this (and he would know because he's been there) Hell hole? It was while he was stuck on this train of thought (the one that always ended up haunting him) that he spotted a woman rifling through the jewelry box in which his ring was hidden.

His curiosity piqued, Kylo Ren strided over to the gaudishly ornate jewelry box to stand behind the young woman who was looking through all of the rings thrown haphazardly into its main compartment. It was not often that people looked through the rings that were in the box, especially since the thrift store itself was not the most frequented of establishments in the first place. To add to that, the jewelry box was tucked away in a corner of the store and held so many mismatched random rings that he doubted anyone who looked through it could even find something of interest if they looked hard enough. It was precisely this hellish reason that the wronged caster had dumped his ring unceremoniously into the bottom of the jewelry boxes' contents, buried beneath hundreds of other unwanted and discarded rings.