Chapter 12

A/N: Sorry for the delay in posting! I had a big test this past Friday and was a bit distracted. Writing one chapter ahead at a time now so that I can go back to posting regularly on Fridays. Enjoy the chapter! 

Kylo woke up dazed and drowsy to the tantalizing smell of orange, lemon, olive leaf, and vanilla, and the tickle of chestnut brown hair brushing his face. He opened one eye, squinting against the afternoon rays of sun that seemed out to get him, in an effort to make sense of his unfamiliar surroundings. The surface underneath him was more comfortable than his usual bed on the couch and he could feel something soft and warm pressed against his body, wrapped up in his protective hold.

Kylo's mind began to wake up then, catching up with all of the information it had been given to process, and informed him that he was, believe it or not and for the first time in his too old to count demon life, in bed with a woman. And not just any woman, his woman. His Rey. Mine.

At the pleasant realization, Kylo opened his other eye and proceeded to blink several times in an attempt to will himself out of this groggy state - intent on savoring the moment for as long as he could. Who knew how long this moment would last? Who knew when he would be invited over to spend the night with her again?

As he approached a more wakeful and conscious state, Kylo felt himself tense all of a sudden and wrapped his arms tighter around Rey's still sleeping figure when he remembered why he was in her bed in the first place. Rey had been afraid. Anakin had come back and harassed her - had wanted more than just to verbally abuse her before realizing Kylo would never allow that to happen. Yes, he had left and promised to never come back (which Kylo believed), but it was still terrifying to know that Anakin knew where Rey lived, had been angry enough to seek her out in this way, and had dredged up unpleasant memories that Rey had put behind her.

Kylo breathed out deeply in his frustration and chose to nuzzle his face into Rey's neck in an attempt to calm down his anger, taking deep gulps of her intoxicating aroma to soothe him. The last thing he needed was Rey to wake up to an angry demon - not that Kylo would ever harm her. But that didn't mean Kylo couldn't inadvertently scare her with his temper. He knew that yesterday he could have potentially ruined things had he not let her calm him down. His beautiful Rey. His grounding presence. His rock. His world. His everything.

Rey began to stir as he cuddled close to her, curling himself as closely as he could to her body, his touch-starved self desperate for as many points of contact as were possible as he continued to bury his face in her neck and hair, running his nose along her soft skin.

Kylo felt her shift underneath his near crushing hold, her arms coming out above her and her body trembling as she stretched and let out a loud guttural noise. She then returned to her position, nestling into the crook of Kylo's body and placing her warm hands on his arms. "Kylo?" she asked, breaking the silence.

He hummed in response, planting a chaste kiss to the back of her head.

"Um... can you let me go? I need to pee and you're kinda putting pressure on my bladder."

Kylo considered her request, half tempted to use his magic to get rid of this silly biological need that dared to take Rey from his arms. Realizing that maybe that was a bit too far, he sighed dramatically and loosened his hold reluctantly. He'd let her go but he wasn't gonna pretend he was happy about it.

"Oh hush, you big baby. I just need to pee. I'll be back in two seconds." Rey rolled her eyes at him when she had managed to wriggle away and had stood up. Kylo squinted at her with half a mind to drag her back down with him, settling for landing a playful swat on her pert bum as she walked out instead. She yelped at that and glared at him, but the vicious look lasted all of two seconds before she smiled and giggled at him, running away.