Chapter 4

After a restless night on the couch, Kylo watched with sleepy hooded eyes from his reclined position as Rey looked out her window and drank her coffee. He wondered how someone could look so pretty while also nursing a hangover. Rey sat at her dining table that was awash with the afternoon light. Her eyes looked soft and warm, like pools of melted chocolate with flecks of honey and green. Rey's lips were pressed in a hard line, a striking contrast to her inviting eyes, as she mulled over her thoughts. Kylo knew that he could use his powers to see into her mind (now that he was bonded through the ring again he had full use of his magic) and figure out what she was thinking about, but he had a good guess that it was about last night's events.

You shouldn't worry. I'll come for you soon enough, Little One. He thought fondly, wishing the time was right now. He could introduce himself out of the blue to her... show up at the First Order under the pretense of being an unassuming and normal customer. Except I don't want to be another creep that hits on her at her job. I'm definitely out of practice - as if you could even say I have any game at all - and who knows what I sound like when I actually try to "flirt".

Kylo knew he had to set everything up perfectly. Not only did he want to (need to) win her over, but he had to win over her trust. She would eventually find out about their bond through the ring - Kylo knew he wouldn't want to hide such a big thing from her, especially when he could make so many of her desires and wishes come true. And when that bomb dropped he wanted to make sure she didn't get scared and throw the ring into the Atlantic Ocean. Kylo smirked at the image of spending the rest of his punishment swimming and splashing around until either someone found the ring on shore or scuba diving, or his mom took pity on him. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that. He would have to make sure of it.

He continued to silently wait and watch as Rey gathered her things, fed her dog, and went to her room to get ready. He had overheard that she would be working today so Kylo was excited to take this time away from her to do his research through some movies and figuring out all this new technology to further his reconnaissance. He would also take this time to summon over some food and feed himself. Now that he was bound again to a human he was beginning to feel hungry once more. Kylo was thankful that during the time that the ring wasn't worn that he was at least spared from needs such as hunger or thirst, but he did miss eating good food and indulging, and his stomach was dangerously close to giving him away if he didn't eat a meal soon. Kylo day dreamed about his first meal after so much time without food, sucked deep into his food fantasy before snapping out of it and catching sight of a hurried Rey that was all dressed and rushing out the door with a quick kiss she blew to Chewie. Kylo pretended to catch it from across the room and then finally allowed himself to break the concealment charm when some time had passed since her exit. Time to get to work.

***

The second the concealment charm was broken, Chewie rushed over to Kylo, sensing a foreign presence in his home. Kylo stood up quickly from where he was laying on the couch, attempting to subdue the creature's loving attack by holding his arms up and away from his body, lightly shoving the dog with the aim to block the dog from jumping on him. Chewie redoubled his naughty intentions as Kylo resisted, licking Kylo's hands and clawing at Kylo's thighs. Chewie's medium size barely reached his waist, but that didn't stop the energetic beast from bouncing up and down in an effort to take on Kylo's hulking frame and defeat his target with all the playfulness of a young adoring pup. Kylo sighed and did his best to scoop the wriggling 50 pound creature into his arms as an attempt to subdue him. It worked... enough.

With the squirming creature somewhat contained in Kylo's strong embrace, Kylo sat back on the couch. His food fantasies had led him to crave a large bowl of cereal and a medium rare cheeseburger, so he summoned them in front of him, causing Chewie to whimper and attempt to inch forward towards the unconventionally paired foods. Kylo pulled the dog back from the temptation and sat him firmly on his lap, rigidly pinning Chewie to the side of his chest as he picked up the burger with his other hand and took a bite, making sure to eat the burger as far away from the salivating pooch's mouth as possible. Kylo almost let out a moan as his eyes rolled to the back of his head. Damn, I missed this. I can't believe I've been denied this for so long. Well, no more denying myself these wants. No more denying myself delicious food and, soon, no more denying myself some delicious company.