Take Me Out To The Ball Game - Austin Cindric 2️⃣2️⃣

I can't help myself - Four Tops🏁

   It was a nice day out, so naturally Y/N was taking her day off to join her best friend Austin at a nearby park for a picnic. They've know each other for a short time, 5 months to be exact but the past 5 months had been the best 5 months of her life. She knew she was falling in love with him and was determined to tell him today. It was eating at her that she couldn't grab his face and kiss him whenever she wanted.

   "This looks absolutely awesome Austin!" Y/N said when she reached the spot Austin chose. It was on top of a small hill which gave the perfect view of Charlotte's skyline. "I have a good eye if I do say so myself." Austin said spreading the blanket out on the grass. They both just laid on the blanket not bothering to unpack the picnic items just yet. "That cloud looks like a dinosaur!" Y/N giggled pointing up at one of the perfectly white clouds. "That one looks like a baseball bat" Austin said pointing at another cloud. "Oh it's doesss, ugh, I haven't been to a baseball game in yearsss! I wish I had time to go to one" Austin just sat up not responding to her comment and started typing away on his phone. That made Y/N a little peeved considering it was their day and he was waisting it on his phone. Instead of saying anything she just grabbed the bag and started to place their picnic lunch out on the blanket. Austin brought small finger sandwiches, wine, and the wine glasses. While Y/N brought a prepackaged charcuterie board and some cubed fruit. "Look, it looks so cute!...Austin..AUSTIN!" "Hmm oh yeah, it looks awesome." He said just glancing down. "Who are you texting?" Y/N asked cautiously, feeling a little neglected. "Nobody....okay change of plans!" Austin said jumping up from the blanket, now towering over Y/N, who was still sitting. "Sorry?" She asked in confusion. "Come on we have to go!" He said bending down packing the foods, that Y/N had just placed, back into the bag. "But we just got here and I'm starving." "We can have a small snack when we drop all this off at your apartment, I have a new plan for us today." Before Y/N could protest Austin was already trying to pull the blanket out from under her so that he could fold it.

"Where are we going" she asked while climbing into the passenger seat of her best friends car after they dropped the picnic items off at Y/N's apartment. "A souvenir store" he said excitedly while starting the engine "why?" Y/N asked while connecting her phone to the BT of his car. "It's a surprise!" Rolling her eyes she opened up Spotify to a playlist made specifically to drop hits of her feelings for the Penske driver sitting next to her. "Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch! You know that I looove you!" They both sang loudly as they now sped down the highway. 60s music was a guilty pleasure they both shared and that's one of the reasons why they're two peas in pod, the half of the other, and also one of the reasons why Y/N was completely nervous to tell Austin that she's completely in love with him.

"But every time I see your face, I get all choked up inside!" She sang while looking out the window during a red light, little did she know that Austin was staring and memorizing her delicate facial features for the millionth time, getting choked up by her beauty.

"Okay so my surprise is that we're here to get baseball shirts!" Austin said while walking next to Y/N, entering the Charlotte Knights' souvenir store. "Why?" Y/N questioned again "Okay, well the Knights are playing a game tonight and even though it's not a major game like a Dodgers or a Cubs game I think it'll be fun! You said you've been wanting to see baseball soooo we're going to see baseball, I bought the tickets online when we were at the park!" Y/N was speechless as Austin stared at her with a genuine smile on his face. "Wow, thank you. I don't know what to say." Y/N said still taking in the adorable smile on his face and the fact that nobody had ever done something so sweet for her.

   By the time they had left the store the stadium was starting to fill as the game was starting in less than half an hour. Now wearing the matching tees they just purchased they walked over to the concession stand line. "I'm so excited, I just love the feeling of being at a game!" Y/N said bouncing slightly in excitement. Austin couldn't help but laugh at how cute she looked, a childlike gleam in her eyes. "What do you want?" He asked now that they were next in line. "Mmm I think a hotdog is probably the best way to go." She said while staring at the menu. "Yeah, I think I'll get the same" Austin replied while walking in front of the counter. "Oh my, you two are the cutest couple I've seen so far! We have a special couples combo today that has two hot dog, two drinks, a packet of red licorice and it comes with a free order of nachos! A lot of bang for buck" the girl behind the counter said with a bright smile. Y/N began to say "oh we're not a cou-" but was cut off by Austin saying "Aww thank you ma'am, my girl and I will gladly take that then!" While having an arm wrapped around Y/N's shoulder he payed for their food, Y/N just trying to figure if he was being funny or if there was something deeper to his sudden action. They made it all the way to their seats with Austin's arm still around her, finally letting go once they sat down. "You know, I'm sure she would've still given us the deal if she knew we aren't really a couple." Y/N chimed with a small giggle looking at Austin sitting next to him. "Well, maybe I just wanted an excuse to call you my girl" he responded very matter-of-factly, Y/N didn't even get to respond before she was cut off by the announcer asking for everyone to stand for the national anthem.

   By the time the second quarter was finished, Y/N had forgotten what Austin said. They were having too much fun cheering the game on for her to even think about her original plan for the day. That was until she felt several eyes on her. Wondering what was going on she turned to Austin. That's when she felt a pair of lips crash onto hers and a pair of arms wrap around her waist. Though startled for a second she melted right into the kiss. Everything felt perfect about it. It was sweet and his lips felt soft on hers. "What was that for?" She said breathlessly, with a simple gesture towards the big screen Austin said "Kiss cam" with a slight chuckle following as the crowd cheered for them.

The game ended and the pair were walking back to Austin's car neither one daring to say anything. There wasn't any tension in the air, it felt calm but they both knew they were going to have a conversation about the kiss once they reach their destination. They sat for a couple of seconds which seems like minutes to both of them. "Screw this" Austin said quietly, breaking the silence they had created. He leaned over, grabbed Y/N's cheek with one hand and tenderly pressed his lips onto hers. Without a moments pass her hand snaked around her neck and pushed herself deeper into the kiss. It felt like electricity was running through them, everything felt so right and wonderful. After a few seconds they pulled apart to catch their breaths. "Please be my girlfriend?" Austin said breathlessly, his forehead pressed against hers "of course" she giggled, sitting back in her seat. "You know we still have that wine at your place.." he said while starting the car up. "You know me so well Cindric" Y/N said as the car started playing the song where they had last left it off on.
   Austin glanced over to his best friend, now girlfriend who was singing the song at the top of her lungs with such adoration in his eyes. He knew that there were going to be several perfect days such as this one in future, especially when he took her out to the ball game.

"No matter how I try
My love I cannot hide
'Cause sugar pie, honey bunch (sugar pie, honey bunch)
You know that I'm waiting for you (waiting for you)
I can't help myself
I love you and nobody else, ooh"

______
Oh my goodness! I apologize so much for not updating in sooo long! Remember to request! Let me know if you're liking these or not so that I know if I need to switch things up! Thank you for all the reads!!!
-S💕

______
For fastballsandfastcars