Chapter 1: He Better Not Be a Whiner

Deadeye sat across from her boss, the eyebrow above her brown eye raised.

"You want me to do what!?" she growled. Her hand moved to the hilt of the knife that was tucked into her belt.

"Shut up and calm down, Deadeye. It isn't that big of a deal!" L.J, the boss, snapped.

"Listen, L.J. I work alone, or with Gerard. I will not have some punk follow me around and learn from me!" 

"Suck it up. Just try not to kill the kid. If he's alive after three weeks, he'll be out of your hair for good."

Deadeye sighed, and slumped back down into her seat.

"Fine. But I want some extra cash from it. And if the kid makes a single comment about my eye, I'll gut him like a fish," she grumbled.

"Deal. Here's the kids file. You'll take him out tomorrow. And don't argue," L.J said. Deadeye took the file he slid across the desk and stood up.

"See you tomorrow, boss," Deadeye sighed. She walked out of the room and didn't look at the file until she was home.

Name: Dax Locke

Sex: Male

Age: Nineteen years

Birth date: October 13, 1993

Mother: Rita Tempest Locke (Deceased)

Father: Damian Locke

Sibling(s): None

"He better not be a whiner," Deadeye growled to herself as she scanned over Dax's file. She hadn't wanted a trainee in the first place, and she was not going to put up with any bullshit from him.

"Who better not be a whiner?" Deadeye's roommate, partner, and fellow assassin, Gerard Velocity, questioned, skipping into the room.

"Where've you been?" Deadeye snapped.

"Eating," Gerard answered, smiling to show bits of blood and human flesh in his teeth.

"Who'd you eat this time," Deadeye sighed, looking her old friend in the eyes with her brown eye. She kept her other eye covered, only moving the hair away from it when she was about to murder a victim.

"You're avoiding the question I asked, Sadeye," Gerard answered, picking bits of flesh out of his teeth.

"Call me Sadeye again, and I'll kill you. And L.J just told me we're getting a fucking trainee, so I said he better not be a whiner," Deadeye said. She threw the file to Gerard, and he read it over.

"What kind of name is Dax?" 

"How in the name of hell am I supposed to know!? And L.J said he doesn't want the kid dead, so don't eat him in his sleep," Deadeye grumbled.

"I don't eat everyone I see," Gerard retorted.

"Sure. Go get some sleep. I need to wait up for the kid to arrive," Deadeye said.

"I'll wait up with you. I wanna meet the kid. We can watch a movie," Gerard suggested.

"Fine. Whatever you want, Velocity. You pick, I'll make myself some popcorn," Deadeye agreed. She walked into the kitchen and began to cook while Gerard looked through their movies. He finally settled on Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.

"I hate this movie!" Deadeye whined.

"Shut up and watch. The black cop is cute," Gerard answered. Deadeye rolled her eye and stuffed some popcorn into her mouth. She bit Gerard's hand when he tried to steal a piece.