Chapter 2: Mirrors

Deadeye woke up first, like normal. She didn't check her reflection, because she despised mirrors. Every time she looked in a mirror and saw a glimpse of purple shining out from behind the hair that was pulled over her left eye, she would punch the mirror, breaking it and putting multiple cuts on her hand and arms. Eventually, Gerard had gotten rid of all the mirrors in the house, and when she went over to the H.Q, L.J had everyone hide the mirrors. No one liked seeing Deadeye when she was pissed off.

Deadeye pulled on some black jeans and a turtle neck that would double as something to hide her face behind if she needed to. Lastly, she put on some combat army boots, and walked out of her room. She didn't bother waking up Dax or Gerard, and instead made some coffee.

She knew that Gerard would be up in seconds flat after he smelled the coffee brewing.

Sure enough, her prediction came true and Gerard was out of his room as soon as the delicious scent of coffee reached his nose.

"Gimme!" he whined at Deadeye. Deadeye rolled her eye and gave him a cup. He sipped it and sighed contentedly. 

"What's on today's agenda?" he asked after a while.

"Taking the dead weight out on a mission," Deadeye responded after taking a sip of her own coffee.

"Where? And who?"

"Some dude named Bradley Gudme. Principle. Apparently really perverted. Some chick's dad called in about it. Said he felt like his daughter was being violated cause the chick couldn't keep her pants on around the principle," Deadeye chuckled.

"Only you would find that amusing," Gerard sighed. Deadeye shrugged.

"I just think it's the daughter's fault. It usually is in these cases," she answered. Gerard shrugged and took another sip of his coffee.

He looked up after a while.

"When're we going to wake the kid?"

"I don't know. Whenever we feel like it I guess."

"I'll go get him up," Gerard volunteered. 

"Good, because I wasn't going to," Deadeye responded. Gerard rolled his eyes and walked off. Deadeye could hear him pounding on Dax's door, screaming at him to get up.

Half an hour later, a clean looking Dax wondered into the kitchen, where Deadeye and Gerard were looking at files about Bradley Gudme and the blueprints of his house.

"The best thing to do would be breaking into his house through this window on the first floor while he's at work and wait for him to come home to do the job. It'll get it done without too much of a mess. We obviously can't do it at the school. There'll be too many video cameras and witnesses," Deadeye said, pointing at a window, then turned to look at Gerard.

"Won't it be easier to go in through this window?" he asked, pointing at a different one. Deadeye looked at the blueprint again,

"Actually, I think it'd be best to go in through the garage. He has one of those non-lock garages. We can just pull it right up. And L.J had some person find out where he keeps his spare key, so we can always go in through the door," Deadeye reasoned.

"Lets just use the door," Gerard said. Deadeye nodded in agreement.

"When are we leaving?" Dax asked.

"Its too early right now. Probably around midday, when most people are at work," Deadeye answered, looking up at Dax.

"What're we going to do while we wait?" Dax questioned.

"First, we need to find you a weapon. Then we need to teach you how to use that weapon," Deadeye responded.

"I'll take him to find one," Gerard volunteered.