Chapter 3: Unwanted Guest

The next day, Gerard and Deadeye went back to Gudme's house to see what the messed up stuff in the closet was. They knew the police would be hanging around, so they left Dax at the house. They were both dressed as police officers, and had forged badges and ID's that L.J had send them. Deadeye was Helena Rose Phillips and Gerard was Alexander Lucas Torres.

Deadeye read the newspaper as they drove.

Serial Killers Strike Again!

Principle Bradley Gudme of Belleville High School was found dead in his home yesterday. His body had multiple bite marks and pieces of flesh torn out in large chunks. Police believe it to be the work of Sir Slaughter. Signs point that Deadeye was there too, and an unidentified person as well. Searches of Gudme's house have given the police no clues on where they could find Deadeye and Sir Slaughter. The chief is recommending always traveling in groups and not going out after dark.

"People are stupid," Deadeye scoffed.

"Why?" Gerard asked.

"They think serial killers only strike at night," Deadeye responded, rolling her eyes.

"Of course that would be the reason they're stupid," Gerard answered.

Deadeye smiled and nodded.

"Who are you?" a police officer snapped as Gerard and Deadeye pulled up.

"I'm Detective Helena Phillips, and this is my partner, Detective Alexander Torres," Deadeye said smoothly, in a professional voice.

"You're here to check the scene?" 

"Yes. Now, if you'd please clear the home, we'd like to check it out alone," Gerard answered.

"Of course. Give me ten minutes."

The officer ran off and got everyone cleared out. Then Deadeye and Gerard entered.

"What was so weird about the closet?" Deadeye whispered to Gerard.

"There was a bunch of weird, fucked up shit in there," Gerard whispered back.

Deadeye raised her eyebrow and followed him into the closet. Gerard flipped on the light and Deadeye's eye widened.

"The fuck?" Deadeye asked.

 Looking around, she saw multiple weapons and chains.

"I have to say, I'm impressed," Gerard muttered.

"Are you fucking kidding me? This guy has more weapons than we do!" Deadeye exclaimed.

"Yup," Gerard answered. Deadeye gave him a 'You-have-no-idea-what-this-means' look, and pulled out her phone.

"I'm calling L.J," she announced.

"Why?" Gerard answered.

"This fucker was involved in more shit than we know," Deadeye replied.

She dialed L.J's number.

"Deadeye, what can I do for you?" he answered.

"Boss, you know that mission you sent us on involving that principle?"

"Yeah. What's wrong?"

"This guy has a closet full of weapons. He has more weapons that Gerard and I. I'm having Gerard sending you a text with pictures inclosed," Deadeye said, motioning at Gerard to do what she had just said to L.J. He got the message and sent the pictures.

"Jesus, what was this guy involved in?" L.J exclaimed.

"We don't know. Can you do a background check on this guy? I don't even know if Bradley Gudme was his real name," Deadeye said.

"I'll get some people in on it. Grab a few of the weapons to do a scan on. Don't touch them with your bare hands," L.J commanded.

"Gerard! Get some gloves on and pick a few small weapons. L.J wasts us to take them to HQ so they can do a scan!" Deadeye called to her partner. Gerard nodded and got to work after finding a pair of gloves in the closet.

"Grab a pair of those chains too," L.J said.

"How're we going to get that past all the cops in the yard?" Deadeye asked.

"That's not my problem Deadeye. I have to take care of some shit now. Behave."

With that, L.J hung up.

"God damn you, L.J," Deadeye hissed. Gerard snickered.

"Shut up and find a way to sneak one of those chains out of the house!" Deadeye snapped.

"Easy," Gerard retorted. He picked up a chain and shoved it into the backpack he found in the closet.

"Lets go," Deadeye sighed. 

"Hey! Where're you two going!?" the officer that had stopped them yelled.

"To write up a report for our boss!" Deadeye called. No one stopped them as they got into their car.

"L.J just sent me a text. Some guys from HQ are coming over to pick this crap up," Gerard informed Deadeye.

"Okay. We'd better get home quickly then."

Gerard pressed his foot down all the way on the gas pedal. Deadeye, who was used to his maniac driving, said nothing.

"Home sweet home," Gerard sighed. He and Deadeye got out of the car and walked into their house, only to find Dax with the girl from yesterday.

"WHAT THE HELL DAX!" Deadeye screamed.

"What?" Dax asked.

"You realize, because of your stupidity, we have to kill her now?" Gerard hissed.

Deadeye wasted no time. She pulled out her knife.

"Wait! Don't kill her," Dax pleaded.

"She can't be allowed to live," Gerard said softly. Deadeye aimed her knife again.

"Cecilia, drop the knife," a powerful voice commanded. Deadeye growled something under her breath and sheathed her knife. 

"L.J. Nice of you to show up," she scoffed.

"Take the girl home, Dax. Girlie, if you ever tell anyone about this, we will be forced to kill you. Dax, you are forbidden from seeing this girl. Get out of my sight," L.J commanded.

Dax and the girl fled.

"Don't call me Cecilia. Cecilia is dead. She died when my parents disowned me," Deadeye muttered.

"Calm down Deadeye. I couldn't call you Deadeye in front of her. She would have gone straight to the police. Now, where are these weapons you have?"

"Gerard," Deadeye said. Gerard handed the backpack to L.J.

"Good work. I'll get a scan on these and then send you the results. And try not to kill Dax when you get home, okay?"

"No promises," Deadeye said. Gerard gave her a look.

"Fine," she sighed.

"Good girl. See you two around," L.J said with a chuckle.

He left, leaving Deadeye and Gerard alone.

"I swear, that kid is going to cause my death.

Gerard cracked a smile, knowing his old friend was probably right.

The two sat and waited for Dax to return.

"Um, hi," he said meekly when he came in. Deadeye stood up and slapped him.

"You're lucky your punishment isn't worse. When I fucked up in my training, my mentor would cut my back with a knife. As another punishment, you're cleaning the whole house. Don't argue," Deadeye snapped. She walked away. Dax winced as he heard the door to her room slam shut.

"You'd better get to work, kid," Gerard chuckled.

Dax sighed, and then spent five miserable hours cleaning the house.