Chapter 4: Are You Kidding Me!?

Deadeye flipped through the files on Bradley Gudme.

"This is fucked up," she whispered to herself. Gerard walked past her and grabbed the files. Deadeye watched his face as he read them.

"What the hell..." Gerard muttered.

"What?" Dax asked, stumbling into the room.

"The files on this guy are so messed up," Gerard answered. Deadeye took them back from him and began looking at the scans on the weapons.

"Jesus Christ. We actually did the world a favor by killing this dude... For once..." Deadeye muttered to herself.

"I can't believe I ate him. Ew ew ew ew ew!" Gerard said.

"Yeah, you might want to get yourself tested," Deadeye replied, smirking at him.

"Oh, yeah, that conversation will go well. Hi, I ate this guy and it turned out he was into some fucked up stuff so my partner, who happens to be Deadeye, made me come to you. Oh, by the way, I'm Sir. Slaughter, the second most wanted person in the fucking country," Gerard answered in a sarcastic tone.

"Good point. But still, we should get you checked out. I'll have L.J send in Blaze and Dendra to check you out," Deadeye said seriously.

"Ugh," Gerard groaned. He didn't like Dendra, and he didn't like Blaze.

"Suck it up," Deadeye said. She walked out of the room to make the call.

"Who're Dendra and Blaze?" Dax asked.

"They're the doctors of our company. They're assholes," Gerard growled.

"Why?" Dax asked.

"They act like they're better than us because we do the dirty work and they get payed," Gerard explained.

"They act like that to everyone," Deadeye added, re-entering the room. She turned to Gerard.

"Dendra and Blaze'll be here in a few minutes. They just happened to be in the area."

"Nooo!" Gerard whined.

"Behave," Deadeye snapped. Gerard pouted.

"And you, don't say anything stupid. We don't want them to think we're stupider than they already do because you open your mouth and stupid things come out," Deadeye said, turning to Dax.

"Hey!" Dax protested. Deadeye ignored him and went to answer the door.

"Hi, Cecilia!" Dendra said in an overly cheerful voice.

"Call me that again and see how quickly I kill you," Deadeye muttered angrily. Dendra smiled sarcastically at her.

"Cece, you see, unlike you, we are indesposible. You can't kill us without having L.J kill you," Blaze explained.

"No, that's where you're wrong. We can always get new doctors. We're the two best assassins in the world," Gerard hissed. Dax watched the exchange with a wondrous expression.

"Guys, just shut up and check Gee out so you can leave," Deadeye snapped. 

Dendra smirked, knowing she had won the argument. Deadeye sat on the couch and started to polish her knife. Dax noticed how she'd look up at Dendra and Blaze with an angry glint in her eye.

"Deadeye, why do you always carry around that knife?" he asked.

"When you're a wanted criminal, you never know when you're going to need a weapon. This knife is easy to hide. It also has sentimental value. I killed my first victim with it," Deadeye answered, gazing at her knife lovingly. 

"What did you do before you came to work here?" Dax asked, a little nervously. Luckily for him, Deadeye was calm.

"I worked at Marvel Comics. I would meet with aspiring writers and get them started. Sadly, after my eye got messed up, everyone was too afraid so I was fired," Deadeye answered with a sigh.

Dax realized that Deadeye wasn't so different from himself. She too had been forced into this industry. Her way was just a little different. They took her in when she was all alone, so she was fiercely loyal to them, even if sometimes she hated them.

"Deadeye... Can I ask you one more question?"

"You just did, but you can ask one more."

"What even happened to your eye?"

Everyone froze. Even Dendra and Blaze looked scared. Gerard started to get up.

"No, it's okay. He has the right to know," Deadeye sighed, surprising everyone.

"Really?" Dax asked.

"Yes, now shut up why I explain. First thing you need to know is my eye isn't actually dead. It's purple. And messed up. It hurts. I'm in constant pain because of it.

"Now, what happened that day is something that I don't even understand. I was walking home from work one day. I was in a great mood. I had gotten to go to a conference and see some of my heroes. I got to meet them. It was the best, and worse, day of my life. Anyways, while I was walking home, I was jumped. When I woke up, I was tied up and a mirror was hanging above me. I screamed when I realized my left eye was purple.

"I was left there for 2 days. I never saw my captors. Finally, I escaped and went to work. I was fired that day. Everyone was too terrified to look me in the eye. I wondered the street until Gerard found me. He brought me to L.J because he realized I was a freak, just like him. And that's what happened to me," Deadeye said.

"Wow," Dax said in an awed voice. Deadeye sat up straight.

"Now, never ask me another question about my eye."

She stomped off.

"Pity about her," Blaze sighed. Dendra nodded.

"Watch what you say," Gerard growled.

"We're just commenting on the fact she's bipolar," Dendra said.

"What?" Gerard asked, shocked.

"Oh, come on! Even you must have realized it by now! We think it's because of everything she's been through in the last few years," Blaze replied thoughtfully. 

"Pity. She used to be quite beautiful. Gerard, we'll send you the results tomorrow. Watch Cecilia carefully. She could snap at any- oh my. You better go see what that crash was," Blaze said. Him and Dendra left. Gerard sighed and went to go see what Deadeye broke.

Dax picked up the files on Gudme and read the note L.J had written on the manila folder they were in

Bradley Gudme has a history with the mafia. Recently he has been abducting young children for his own pleasure. The scans on his weapons reveal he has been in contact with North Korea. We don't know what he was planning- yet.

We think he may have been planning to blow up the school he worked at, with all the children inside. Then he would have moved on to bigger and better things. We have posted spys in and around his house. We'll keep you three informed. We also think he has been experimenting with his body. Gerard, I'd get checked. -L.J

"They're right... this guy is fucked up," Dax exclaimed. He put the notes down, laid down on the couch, and fell asleep, escaping the hectic world he had been dragged into for just a bit.