Chapter 6: As Soon as I Get My Gun

"How did this happen?! We killed him!" Gerard exclaimed.

"Whoever we killed, it wasn't him," Deadeye answered. Gerard ran a hand through his bright red hair, a nervous habit of his.

"We have to get out of here! Deadeye, they're going to get us if we don't get out of this state, maybe even this country, right now. L.J's dead. The Agency is dead. We'll be dead too!" Gerard said, hystaria seeping into his tone.

"I know. I'm thinking!" Deadeye snapped. Gerard bit his lip, puncturing the skin. He calmed down as the familiar taste of blood reached his tastebuds.

"Gerard, grab the runt. I'm going to load the car with all the weapons and food I can," Deadeye said finally. Geard sucked more blood out of his lip as he ran to get Dax and, more importantly, his cigarettes and lighter.

Deadeye ran in and out of the house, collecting as much as she could. On her final run, two bloody figures limped up the driveway. Deadeye put a hand on her knife, prepared to gut the figures if the were enemies.

"Deadeye, is that you?" one of them called. Deadeye recognized the voice, but was startled.

"Dendra? Did you really just call me Deadeye?" she asked in disbelief.

"We figure now isn't the time to anger you," Blaze choked out.

"Smart move," Gerard chuckled, exiting the house with Dax following. He was calmer now that he had a cigarette.

"Those are going to kill you," Blaze stated. Gerard glared and flicked some ash at him.

"Now is not the time to act like morons! All of you, into the car!" Deadeye commanded.

"Wow, I never thought I'd see the day when Deadeye gave up a chance to argue with Dendra and Blaze," Gerard muttered to himself. Dax smirked at the comment.

Deadeye grabbed both of them by their ears and pushed Dax into the back seat next to Dendra and Blaze, then dragged Gerard into the passenger seat. She herself climbed into the driver's seat and put the petal to the metal before anyone had buckled.

Deadeye herself never buckled her seat belt, in case she had to quickly jump out of the car or had to shoot while driving.

"Deadeye, we have company!" Gerard warned.

"Take the wheel," Deadeye answered. Gerard leaned over and started to steer. Deadeye pulled a gun out of the car's compartment and started to shoot.

"DAX! HAND ME ANOTHER GUN!" she screamed. Dax passed Gerard a gun. He was too afraid to look up at Deadeye. The hair that normally covered her left eye had blown off and her purple eye was visible.

The cops behind them were shaking with fear. They could see her eye and knew they were going to die.

They knew that Deadeye would hunt them relentlessly, and their families too. No one got to see Deadeye's eye and live, except for Gerard, and sometimes others at the agency. 

Deadeye fired again. The window on one of the cars shattered, killing one of the cops in the car and blinding the other. The car crashed and burst into flames.

In one of the cop cars, Police Cheif Jackson issued the call to fall back. There was no point in chasing them any longer. They would all die.

Deadeye crawled back into the car and resumed driving like nothing had happened. Gerard threw the stump of his cigarette out the window, and shook another one out of his pack.

"Light this for me?" he asked Deadeye. Deadeye complied.

"Where are we going to go?" Dendra asked.