6

A few days went by, and you were at school when you got added into the MCC participants group chat right before they made the teams known to all the participants. You silently prayed that Tommy hadn't seen the notification that you were added.

It wasn't hard for you to tell when your team got announced, even with the notifications turned off. The second it had been revealed, Tommy had started spamming you in DM.

Y/N

IT'S A JOKE RIGHT

ARE YOU KIDDING

GET ONLINE

I KNOW YOU'RE ON YOUR PHONE

THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE

Hi

IT'S FAKE, ISN'T IT

What is?

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

Sorry, am in my maths class right now, can't talk

STOP SHITTING

IS IT FOR REAL?

DON'T IGNORE ME

:)

You quickly put your phone away and brought your attention back to the teacher, even though you wouldn't be paying attention anyways. It was the last class of the day, and you were mentally preparing for the way back home.

As soon as the bell rang, you grabbed your stuff and made your way to your locker, where you saw a familiar face waiting for you, casually leaning against the wall. Tommy shoved his phone in your face, showing the text where your team had been announced.
"Care to explain?"

"Oh yeah, Wilbur asked me to join their team. Didn't I tell you?"
"Ehm, yeah, no, you did not."
"Whoops, my bad." You grabbed the stuff you needed from the locker and closed it.
"I really wanted to yell at you by the way but we're at school so consider yourself lucky."
"I know."
"Get that smug smile off your face."
"You're jealous, aren't you~?"
"Pffft what? No, of course not. I'm never jealous. People are jealous of me."
"But you're not teamed with the sleepy boys, are you?"
"Shut up. I won with them. Did you? No, you didn't."
"But I might."
"Yeah, right."
"They're gonna train me."
"No way."
"Yes way."
"I hate you."
"Understandable." Tommy laughed and ruffled your hair.
"Okay but for real though, that's pretty cool. I'm happy for you. And I'm gonna beat you."
"We'll see about that."

A few more days went by, and you had agreed to practise with Technoblade and Philza. You were really nervous, so you had asked Tommy to be there as well. He was sitting beside you and he said he would be giving tips as well.

It was a great idea to have Tommy here, you realised after a while. He basically carried the conversation together with Phil, and soon you felt more comfortable talking to the guys as well. During the 1v1's against Techno, he and Tommy gave you a couple tips here and then and in the end you even won a few times. Next up they took you to a random parkour map to have you practise some basic parkour obstacles. This took quite a bit longer for you to get the hang of, but with Tommy showing you how to do certain things and Techno and Phil giving tips on how to do it better, you soon knew the basics every parkour map would have

Sadly there weren't any other games you could practise for MCC, so Techno invited you to play some bedwars with Phil, because it would help you with speed bridging and pvp.

"Alright I think that's enough for now," Phil said after a couple games. You yawned.
"Yeah, it's pretty late."
"I guess it is for you. Anyways, you did really good. I think we might have a chance," Techno added.
"Thanks! This was fun, I can't wait for the tournament."
"Me neither."

---

Tbh this chapter feels weird to me. But idk.

Also, thank you guys so so much for 3k reads, holy shit!! When did that happen???

Anyways, I'm so sorry that it took me so long to update this, I'm trying my best to update as soon as possible!

Again, thank you so much for reading this, and see you in the next chapter-