He pushed you away. (Angst)

"Good evening, Michael. How's my handsome crush?" You winked at him and he blushed.

"Oh you. Stop you're embarassing me."  He was back stage preparing for the motown 25 performance.

"Oh come on now. Don't be. You look so handsome. Come on smile for me." You helped him with his hair and he moved his head away.

"Don't touch it please."  He whined and you just chuckle.

"Okay. Okay Mr. Jackson. Now go show em how it's done."  You went by the side of the stage and smiled when he started dancing with his brothers. Soon enough he was dancing to his own song. Billie Jean. You saw him rehearsing real hard for this and he always gushed about wanting to perfect the backstep he did a few times at the dance studio. You were really amazed about the whole performance. You clapped and felt real happy about the amount of claps he received from it. He did really great!

After the performance you followed him from his dressing room.

"Michael that was phenomenal!"

"I didn't do it correctly."

"What are you talking about?"

"I failed."

"Michael you did great what--"

"You're just saying that because you want to be on my goodside. Be honest to me for once!"  He lashed out and you stepped back.

"I was always honest with you. I'm genuine. What are you on--"

"You're only here because I'm famous."

"Michael. I'm not that low. Do you really think of me that way?" He frowned and you stepped back even more.

"Okay. I think you need some time alone. I'll leave you in peace." You utter sadly. You opened the door and walked briskly out the exit. You made sure not to make a scene out of it.

You didn't visit him for a couple of weeks. You also stopped going to his rehearsals. He always had these moments. Lashing out on you. Ignoring you and brsuhing you off. It happened 3 times now and you realized that it wasn't healthy anymore. You need to think hard if pursuing Michael made you feel happy. In one occasion he seemed really happy to see you and in other occasions he just seemed cold.

You felt your tears fall and you immediately wipe them away.

-------

You were clearing out your things at the recording studio. You were moving back to Ohio since you grew tired of LA and well. Being in L.A meant seeing more of him.

"You're not even gonna say goodbye?"

You lifted your eyes towards the person. It was Michael. He looked great with his aviator glasses on. Of course he looks great what would you expect? You just gave him a weak smile and started lifting up the box.

One thing caught your attention. It was a rubiks cube that he always loved to fidget around with. You picked it up and gave it to him. 

You looked at him for a little while and he just did the same. You tried to reach for his aviators. You suddenly remember always complaining about not seeing his eyes. He always gets annoyed when you do this. He moves away but you always succeed in removing it anyways. 

But this time you didn't removed it. You slowly dropped your hand to the side and sighed.

"Goodbye Michael." You turned and headed towards the door completely oblivious of someone taking off his glasses to wipe some of his tears away.