Disguise ( Thriller Era)

You were in the town square.  Sketching random poses of people interacting with each other.

You decided to change locations and chose the bench on the far left. It was occupied but the man didn't seem to mind sharing it. You sat down and took out your sketchpad then started sketching again.

You put your pen down and exhaled deeply.  What a fine afternoon it was. You looked around and saw 5 clowns being chased by a policeman, dozens of people scramble to give them space. You giggled. What caught you off guard was that the man beside you seem to have seen the spectacle too because he giggled at the same time. You looked over him and he gave you a smile.

"That's something you don't see everyday."  You said trying to make conversation. He adjusted his hat and ckered his throat.

"What do you think happened?" He asked.

"Let me see... maybe their clown licenses expired?" You tapped your chin and added. "... or the clowns have a fear of policemen."

He laughed and shook his head.

"So you people watch too huh?" He asked. You grinned and flipped over your sketchpad pages.

"Well, I guess drawing them counts as people watching."

He borrowed your sketchpad and flipped over the pages.

"These are really goodstuff."

"Yeah. I have other stuff I draw but I love sketching candid poses. They seem much more real. There's just something so interesting about them."

"I can agree. "

"Me and Ryan.. uhmmn. My ex. We used to people watch and guess what they are talking about. Or how they are like.  Maybe that's why I'm good at reading people."

"Reading people? So did you tried to read me?"  He asked and you scratched your chin.

"Well, I did carry a pleasant conversation with you so I guess you're a nice person. Oh right.. My name is Y/N." You extended your hand and he shook it.

"Mike."

"I guess. People watching calms me down. Especially on how things are from my perspective."

"What do you mean?"You asked but he just waved it off.

"Not important. Say. Would you like to get some coffeeor tea? You said it yourself that you thimk that I'm a nice person."

"I guess."  You stood up and followed him to a nearby cafe. You both decided to sit outside to continue people watching. You both ordered tea and smelled the aroma.

"Thanks for this Mike."

"Don't mention it." 

You both shared the moment with observing different people. You both laughed when you tried to guess people's comversations that made other people look at you in iritation.

After a few stories you notice him check his phone. He excused himself to answer then came back a bit sad.

"I'm afraid I have to go soon."  He quietly utter. You were a bit sad but you didn't let it show. You just met the man. Why are you sad?

"I guess good times don't last forever."

"But before I leave would you mind me sketching too?"

"Oh yeah sure that's a great idea!"

He began sketching a clown and you laughed knowing what it meant.

Once finished he signed it and closed the pad.

"It was nice meeting you. Y/N." He said sincerely. You stood up and kissed his cheek.

"Nice meeting you too, Mike."

After he left, you opened the pad and saw his signature. You flipped it over and there was a note:

Y/N,

I hope to see you again next friday.
your friend,

Mike.  <3 MJ

P.S,

I was hoping that it's a date.