Chapter 5 The text

By the time I get home I decided to work on my home work. Then cam entered my room. "So are you going to tell me or not" he said. I replied, "tell you what?" Cam looked at me like I was stupid and said, "you know the guy you were with, who was that?" I was getting irritated, because he was prying in my personal business. So I just said, "it's none of your business." This time cam got tired of trying and gave up. He then said, "I'm going to go get your bike" I gave him a little nod as I continue my homework. Then I get a notification. It was diego he is live on YouNow. I decided to watch. Right when I get in I didn't say anything but I just watch. I watch the people asking questions and diego talking about his day. He said he was getting off soon, because he had to visit family. I get off and turn my phone off and head to the kitchen. I decided to fix myself a salami sandwich. I was curious how long diego was going to be in town for so I texted him. I knew he hated texting people, so I didn't expect an answer right away. I shrugged and decided to get ready for bed. I fell asleep.

*ding*

I woke up to the sound of my phone. I got a text message. I squint to shield my eyes from the brightness of my phone. It was diego, he said he was staying for a month, then I look at the time. It was 1:00am. I asked myself, "ugh, why did he text me so late?" Then I texted him back and I asked, what about your work? He immediately replied back saying, I'm taking a long vacation. I fell asleep again. This time when I woke up it was morning, it was Friday. Finally time for the weekend off. As I get ready for school I flatten my hair. I then decided to text Diego. Hey do you want to hang out tomorrow at the mall? I turn my phone off and brush my teeth. Before I headed off to school I decide to grab one of my books to read. Then it was time for me to ride my bike to school.

Once I arrive at school I whip out my book and started to read. A little while later I got a tap on my head. It was roni, she asked, "whatcha doin?" I said, "reading" then she responded back with another question "so did you get anything at the mall?" She said. My face felt a little hot and roni noticed and said, "oh it's not what you got its a who you got" Than I told her how I met Diego and how we might seen each other tomorrow. she smirked "is he your boyfriend?" Roni asked. My face felt very hot, apparently I was blushing and roni could see that I was. I whispered "he's not my boyfriend" roni chuckled and stopped teasing. After a while everyone was starting to get to school and I asked roni, "hey do you have any test today?" She shakes her head. I shrugged as the bell rang.

~some time passes~

It was lunch and sat down next to Meg as usual and decided to go on my phone. I was playing robot unicorn attack when all of the sudden I got a text. It was diego he said, sure, what time? I replied back saying anytime that was good for him. Then I went on youtube and watched some of his videos. I was watching the one where he was playing outlast and he couldn't find the key card. I shook my head as I said to the screen, "it's right there Diego" I let out a little laugh. At this point I didn't even notice Angle and George. I guess it didn't bother me any more now that I can talk to Diego. I smiled, because I realized that once again Diego hasn't failed to make my day. After lunch had ended. I go to my classes.

~as more times passes~

It was the end of school and I was unlocking my bike. Roni came up to me and said, "hey I think my mom is going to pick me up" I sighed and said, "okay, well I'm going to leave now, bye" as I start to ride my bike, roni waved good bye and I proceeded down the sidewalk. As I wait for the crosswalk I put on some music. Sugar, we're going down by fall out boy played.

~3 miles later~

As I get home I put everything away and lied down on my bed. My eyes felt heavy and before I knew it I passed out.

When I woke up it was dark outside. How long did I sleep for? I thought to myself as I rubbed my eyes. I check my phone to see if I got any notifications. Diego texted back saying, is 5:00 okay?. I text him saying that it was perfect. I smiled, then I had a thought. When should I tell him that I'm a fan? Then another thought. Should I tell him tomorrow? I lay down on my bed and I looked at the ceiling, to think about when I should. My thoughts were interrupted by my brother, cam. "Hey, I'm home" cam said. I sat up and asked, "Hey cam, can you take me to the mall tomorrow at 5?" He looked down on the ground to think about it. After a moment he looked back up and said, "sure, I need new clothes anyway" I smiled and said, "thanks" he then shut my door and I was left with my thoughts again. How would he react? I don't want him to think I was using him. I bury my face in my pillow and told myself in a muffled sound, "why couldn't you just tell him when you first met him! You knew he wouldn't mind!" Then I thought , well if he wouldn't mind the first time then I guess he wouldn't mind me telling him this time. My eyes felt heavy and I fell asleep.