Friend or Foe

Nevaeh's body had a dull ache as she started to feel around her. She felt like she was on a cloud she was very comfortable except for the pain emanating from her head. Her eyes shot open as her memories came flooding back to her. Tears rolled down her face as her hand shot to her stomach urgently. She started to hyperventilate as she thought about her baby and the accident.

"Welcome back to the land of the living Love!" A British accent rung through her head as she panicked not knowing where she was or what happened or how she ended up in this massive four poster bed.

"My baby…" She finally got out as her eyes focused onto the man in the room, his cherry blonde hair looked disheveled, and there was worry etched on his face. She backed up a bit wincing from the pain in her head as he slowly approached the bed and sat next to her.

"Is fine. You are both doing just fine! I happened to see the accident and helped you out. I was going to give you my blood but your body had already started to heal." Klaus said gently as he watched the girl cautiously.
She relaxed noticeably at the mention of the baby being ok so he continued. " I brought you to my mansion, to make sure you were safe, even brought in a doctor who has been checking on you periodically. You did hit your head pretty bad, and its taking a long time for your body to heal it." Nevaeh looked around as he spoke trying to focus in. When he mentioned he had a doctor checking on her she smiled slightly. The big bad Klaus was showing his humanity, but then she remembered her fathers letter and shook her head.

"Why? Why are you taking care of me?" Klaus looked at her a gentleness she couldn't explain, then he got up and walked to the door.

" I had someone go get some clothes for you. Why don't you go take a shower, I will be out on the patio if you need anything." Nevaeh looked around the room huffing at him for avoiding her questions.

She slowly stood up the dizziness subsiding. She went over to the huge mahogany dresser running her fingers over the intricate designs of the dresser drawers. She picked up the clothes neatly folded on top. She lifted the shirt up and again couldn't help but smile. It was a cute t-shirt that had angel wings on the back and the word fallen on the front, and it was black. Then the pants were black leggings and some black uggs. She gave a low laugh as she headed to an open archway where she assumed the bathroom was. She let out a happy yelp as she saw the swimming pool size garden tub. She walked over and started the water as she hummed .

She slowly took off all her bloody torn clothes then looked at the mirror. She looked horrible. The gash on her head look bad as dry blood caked on her face and in her hair. She whimpered thinking about how the British sex god Original had seen her looking like a disaster. She turned and stepped into the tub that was almost full now. She turned the water off, then let herself sit back and soak in the water. With water all the way up to her chin, she started to doze off she was so relaxed. She stayed like this for an unknown about of time until she heard someone clearing their throat. She opened her eyes to see Klaus standing there looking her over with a smirk. She shot up screaming flailing her arms so she shot water at him. He started laughing as water hit his face. He ducked as a wave of water came at him again. Nevaeh stared at the drenched hybrid and she started laughing uncontrollably both of them forgetting her current state of undress. Klaus laughed even harder taking in this normal precious moment. He reached over to towel rack and gently tossed her a towel.

"Sorry Angel, you were taking a long time I came to make sure you were ok." Nevaeh took the plush towel blushing as she remembered she was standing naked in front of this man she has only met twice, and who is supposedly her enemy.

"Im… I'm fine… I was just actually relaxed." She stepped out of the tub wrapped in the towel surprisingly comfortable with Klaus.

"Well I'm glad to hear that. But now I must go change since you thought it necessary I take a bath too!" Klaus said smiling as he unbuttoned his shirt. Nevaeh's eyes widened. He saw her staring and came over holding her chin gently in his hand and slowly coming in for a kiss. Nevaeh leaned in their lips almost touching when his phone rang. He growled as looked at Nevaeh before he turned and walked out the door answering the phone.

Nevaeh recoiled feeling slightly rejected. She put on the clothes he had gotten her then walked out of the room and an amazing maze of hallways. This isn't a house it's a mansion. She walked around a few hallways getting slightly frustrated and hungry, but then heard Klaus talking. She smiled as she followed his voice. She finally stopped in front of a slightly opened door. She was going to walk in when she heard him say Elena's name.

"So Elena Gilbert is the doppelganger? Keep an eye on her and what she does. I need her for the sacrifice, so make sure her little Vampire boyfriend and his brother don't try to turn her. I have her sister situation under control. Now go." Klaus huffed into the phone. He didn't like having to do this, if only Angel's sister wasn't the doppelganger.

"You son of a bitch!" Nevaeh fumed stepping into the doorway so Klaus could see her. He dropped his phone on the desk. He started to inwardly panic, he didn't mean for her to hear that. He couldn't loose her.

"Look, you must understand…"

"What? That you want to sacrifice my sister? I cant believe I even have to say that kind of stuff." Nevaeh screamed standing her ground as he vamp sped over to her his face veiny, anger radiating off him.

" A thousand years. My family and I have been vampires. Thanks to my loving mother, however it was soon discovered she had cheated on Her husband when I turned. She bound my wolf! I need to break this curse, I can have my wolf part back, as well as make hybrids, and be the only fertile vampire. This has to happen." He spat into her face his anger, his hurt everything coming to the surface.

"You will not sacrifice my sister. You will not get close to her. You need to deal with your issues. Have you ever thought that your mom being an original witch could and would manipulate the witches through the centuries to make sure you didn't get what you want? Think things through before you blindly act! I am so tired of vampires, and wolves, and everything supernatural. And by taking care of me, do you mean taking me hostage so in case your stupid curse plan didn't work you had a backup? You can so go fuck yourself!" She ranted her powers pulsing, the glow around her radiating, as her blonde locks began to flow around like wind was blowing it around.
Klaus actually stepped down, his Alpha personality taking a hit to the ego, but he stepped down. She was his mate, he loved her, he didn't want to hurt her. When she turned around and ran out of the office door he yelled. He grabbed whatever was closest to him and threw it. When he heard her slam the front door he swiped everything off his desk, kicked his chair and broke everything in his eyesight. He would get her back that was a promise he intended to keep.