The Battle

Nevaeh and Klaus laid in their bed cuddling next to each other after retiring to their room from the celebrations of Jeremy and Rebekah's engagement. The encounter with Mikel had weighed heavily with everyone. Sage had asked to take care if Sophira over the night. She had protection spells and wards she was wanting to put on her, plus give them a little alone time.

" Angel, our precious Sophie is six months old now, and is going to see her first battle. I didn't want this for you or her." Klaus sighed as he nuzzled his chin into Nevaeh's hair. Nevaeh hummed a bit then moved her head so she was looking at her love.

" Klaus , I am doing this for you, and my family. Your siblings mean so much to me, and this man has tormented you long enough. Besides he hs threatened our child, that brings it to a new level." Nevaeh said determined as Klaus smiled. How did he get such a wonderful, amazing woman? He let his mind wander to past memories of him and his father. How he publicly ridiculed him, and privately beat him. He started to get lost in thought before he was brought back into the moment when Nevaeh spoke again.

"You are not like him, and he will pay for what he has done. We will win, we have to, I need you here for when I give birth to your child." Nevaeh said shyly, biting her lip hoping Klaus would catch on to what she was trying to imply. She had been debating on telling him, with the stress of this upcoming battle with his father already bringing him do many sleepless nights. Nevaeh didn't want him to all of sudden try to make her not fight, but he had so much doubt in himself, because of Mikel, she was hoping this would bring his spirits up and give him something else to fight for. Klaus just stared at her silently for what seemed like ages, before a tear rolled down his cheek.

"My child? Nevaeh, you are pregnant?" Klaus asked standing up excitedly. Nevaeh stood on her knees on the bed smiling shaking her head yes. Klaus laughed before he fist pumped in the air happily. Nevaeh laughed crying happy tears. He walked over, picked her up and twirled her around.

"How long have you known?" he asked stopping to let her breath.

"A few weeks, I'm  only a couple of months pregnant." She squealed as he twirled her again then laid her on her back on the bed, kissing her.

"But… should you fight?..." Klaus faltered as he stared at his beautiful Angel, his hand resting on her stomach. Nevaeh sat up smiling soothingly cupping her hands around his face.

"I am the ultimate power, and this baby is angel, wolf, vampire, and witch. I am sure I am well prepared. Do not fret, love I and the babies will be fine!" Nevaeh cooed as Klaus reluctantly submitted to the fact that she was right. They talked for a bit after making love, and fell asleep anticipating the next day which came very early the next morning.

"It's time! He has started fighting the baby vampires you hired, and the witches are starting to throw spells his way!" Kol yelled barging in on the sleeping couple. Klaus jumped up growling on high alert.

" Good! Tell the witches to hold him back as long as possible! Make sure Sophira is covered, and get the white oak stakes ready! We will be down in a minute!" Klaus ordered as Nevaeh got up heading over to her clothes she had laid out the night before. Kol gave a wicked excited grin as he nodded vamp speeding out the room. Klaus and Nevaeh got ready quickly and quietly. They stood at their bedroom door and took each others hand.

" I love you Angel, so much!" Klaus said. Nevaeh looked at him smiling, a glint in her eyes.

" I love you too Klaus. I will see you when this is all over!" She whispered as they both took a deep breath and he vamp sped them downstairs.

When they got to the bottom of the staircase they were met by all the siblings and extended family and friends. Klaus looked around to see everyone who was backing him and his family up. The Salvatore brothers were first on defense, mostly because Damon was good at annoying and agitating people, they were meant to slow Mikel down a bit. Behind them were some vampires who had heard the story, and volunteered to fight. There were a dozen witches doing their magic juju, lead by Bonnie Bennet and Kol. Then his siblings in all their glory, Elijah stood fight ready in his fancy suit nodding at his brother, Kol jumping around ready to pounce, Finn glaring ready to take down the man who made him a monster, and little Rebekah. She looked at her engagement ring then up to her brother whom she had followed for years, and ran away with for centuries. This was their time to stay and fight. She got into her fighting stance as the doors opened and bodies flew through the door as Mikel himself walked in. Klaus pushed Nevaeh behind him protectively as Jeremy Gilbert ran over to his older sisters side.