Finn and Sage

Nevaeh had been in the hospital for about a week now under observation. She had started to go stir crazy. She had many visitors. Rebecca stayed by her side almost all the time. They talked about everything, be it boys, each other interests, or Rebecca's past. Nevaeh loved hearing about how things were a thousand years ago. They would laugh, giggle, and gossip until the hospital kicked Rebecca out when visiting hours were over. Elijah came to check on her a few times, her sister would join her and Rebecca after school everyday sneaking in snack foods. Kol popped in a few times. Nevaeh and Kol would joke around a bit then Kol would disappear. The strangest visitor however was Finn.
Nevaeh woke from her nap to see none other then Finn Mikelson sitting next to her. When she woke his eyes lit up.

" Rebecca had to go do something, so I decided to stay, if that is okay with you Miss Angel?" Finn asked shyly as Nevaeh smiled at him.

" Of course it is okay! I wanted to get to know you more!" Nevaeh said excitedly as she moved the bed up to a sitting position.

" You want to get to know me? I'm Finn Mikelson the boreing eldest brother...." Finn said shocked and confused. Nevaeh laughed her voice sounding almost musical to Finn.

" You are no bore Finn! I know you have to have a story, perhaps an epic love story?" Nevaeh coached trying to get him to open up. Finn tensed not used to people wanting him to talk.

"Sage.." Finn whispered as a faint smile graced his face. Nevaeh smiled in triumph as he began to tell her his tragic love story. By the end of it Nevaeh was in tears. She was determined to reunite these two soulmates. After calling in a favor from Stefan and Rebecca, a few days later her diabolical plan came to fruition.

"Nevaeh? Rebecca called me, she told me to come visit you, that you had something for me?" Finn said slowly as he sauntered over to the chair next to her bed. Nevaeh sat up smiling from ear to ear. She looked at her phone and saw the text she had been waiting for.

"Yep. You have lost a lot Finn, but only one thing seems to make you truly happy. And I believe you deserve to be happy. So I called in favors." Nevaeh started her speech as Finn looked at her confused.
"You sat here and told me your life story. But you only lit up and genuinely looked happy when you spoke of Sage." Finn stood up at the mention of Sage's name and the creak of the door. He turned around to see a beautiful blazing red head stand before him.

"Finn? It's true? Your finally back?" The red head said smiling tears in her eyes as she gracefully made her way to Finn. Finn stood in silence tears in his eyes as her gentle hands touched his face. He finally came out of his shocked stupor and leaned forward eagerly crushing his lips against hers. They stood there kissing for a few minutes before they parted. Finn finally turned to look at Nevaeh.

"How? How did you find her?" Finn asked holding Sage in his arms.

"I called in a favor. I knew she would make you happy Finn. You deserve it." Nevaeh said smiling as Stefan,Elena,Rebecca,and Klaus made their way through the door. Finn bowed his head at her in thanks as the couple walked out of the room so they could catch up.

"Thank you all for helping with this!" Nevaeh said to the group of people that had entered.

"I'm happy that my brother actually smiled! Its been centuries!" Rebecca said pleased with what they had all just done. Stefan laughed as Elena walked over and gave her sister a hug.

"Yes it was good to see him not sulking!" Klaus said rolling his eyes. Nevaeh gave him a pointed stare. He sighed as he sat down.

"Love, I have some things I need to do. I won't be able to stay tonight." Klaus said shortly, and distanced. Nevaeh frowned. He had been getting more and more distant lately. Rebecca looked over at Klaus with a warning in her eyes. She had picked up a few tidbits of what her brothers had been up too, but she didn't understand why Klaus looked so stressed. He looked up at his sister and sighed as she nodded her head towards the door signaling him she wanted to talk.

"Brother I need to talk to you outside for just a minute. Nevaeh please excuse us for a moment. Sage,Finn,Stefan and Elena why don't we all meet outside real quick?" Rebecca demanded as the group stared at her confused. Nevaeh sat back and watched everyone. She had caught on that something was happening and apparently they didn't want to talk about it with her. She glared at each one of her family and friends as they walked out the door trying to avoid looking at her.

"What's going on Rebecca? Why can't we talk in front of my sister?" Elena asked as she periodically looked back through the window in the door to see her older sister sulking stareing at them.

"I'm not sure. Let's all ask my brother Klaus here what is going on. Your keeping something a secret, now tell us!" The blond demanded of Klaus crossing her arms and giving him a death glare.

"Are you hiding something brother?" Finn asked concerned for Nevaeh as he held Sage's hand in his. The red head looked around alarmed. She could tell something was wrong and she wanted to protect the girl that had brought her Finn back to her. Stefan and Elena stood arms crossed staring at Klaus. He sighed heavily as he came to the conclusion that he had to let them know what was going on.

"I wanted to protect Nevaeh and all of you from this. Sister you have friends and a possible suitor you have been so happy. Finn she brought your one true love back to you, and Elena you and Stefan are living a semi normal happy life. Elijah, Kol and I had hoped to deal with this without any of you getting involved…." Klaus began trying one last attempt to sway them away from wanting to know. But it didn't work. They all just stared at him waiting for him to continue.

" Katherine is in town and she is fighting back. She made her first move a few days ago. She put Tyler in a situation where he accidently killed someone. He has now activated his wolf. She sent a message saying Nevaeh was next on her list." He blurted out the news and immediately got berated by questions.

"You didn't think I needed to know that my boyfriends ex-lover that I'm a carbon copy of is gallivanting around town, threatening my sister?" Elena interjected fuming. So many thoughts ran through her head. How to protect her sister, what Stefan was thinking, was Stefan over her? She looked over to Stefan who was looking at her squeezing her hand for reassurance, like he knew what she was thinking.

"Brother you kept this from me? I have been sitting here with Nevaeh every day and night. I have been taking care of her. One, it would have been nice to know that doppelganger wench was threatening my best friend, but it also would have been nice to be in the loop. She wants you Klaus. You are not helping her by being away from her. We can all help figure this out, but she needs you the most." Rebecca preached as she shook her head at her brother. He had never fully understood how to treat women after the wooing stage. If he wasn't careful he would lose her, and frankly he may lose his family as well.

"I apologize, I really do. I know she needs me, but I need to be out there helping you fight. I am the strongest. Look lets all go meet with Kol and Elijah and discuss this. Look she has fallen asleep. I will leave guards around her door and the whole wing." Rebecca frowned, but everyone agreed to go to the Mikelson family mansion to discuss things.

Meanwhile in Nevaehs room Damon had come in and was watching her sleep. He ran his hand gently over her check.

After that drunk night with Katherine Damon had regretted letting her weasel her way back into his heart. She still talked about how she loved Stefan more, but Damon would have to do. He had had enough and raged out and staked her through the stomach not willing to kill her. She had dug the stake out and growled game on as she vamp sped away. Since that day he had been in the shadows watching. He watched the mikelsons, and Katherine. She had made her first move by getting Tyler Lockwood drunk then have him kill a guy out of drunk rage. She had her a wolf on her side, that was dangerous for him and his brother. But then she threatened Nevaeh. He couldn't let anything happen to Nevaeh. And the whole gang had left her alone in her hospital bed. He sat down in the chair next to her waiting for her to wake up. It took about an hour before she started to move around. She looked around searching for Klaus, Rebecca anyone.

"Your boyfriend and friends left you all alone! So I decided I should stay and be on Nevaeh babysitting duty!" Damon explained as Nevaeh sat up looking slightly hurt as she didn't see anyone in the room.

" Tell me what's going on Damon, please! I know you are not afraid to let me know." Nevaeh asked as Damon sighed and sat down in the hospital chair next to her.

"Katherine is back Angel, and she's coming for you!" Damon replied as he walked over to the bay window to check the perimeter outside. Nevaeh gasped in shock her hand automatically going to her tummy. For the first time in a long time fear overcame Nevaeh and she was all alone.