Locket Part Three/Authors note

Word Count: 880

So the story line is a bit rough but I'm enjoying writing it. Happy to be back Loves!!! Sorry for the break I took but there were a lot of family issues, plus having no motivation. Hope you all have been feeling well. Good night, Good morning, and goodbye!!!

--------------------------------

You stormed out of the room. Going passed Sam and Tony as you left. They began to speak but we're cut off when you told them to leave it be. They exchanged a look but went back to their show.

You so badly wanted to know who he loved. Who this woman that he would come home and be so happy to have spent his day with. Who would put him in such a great mood, who could make his day? Make him feel the way you never could. You rushed to a nearby bar. Hoping to God that they had an empty stall you could cry in. Fortunately, they did. You pushed open the door to their single bathroom, locked the door and broke down sobbing. You loved that man more than anything but you weren't enough. You tried your hardest but you were so hurt. Why couldn't he have just told you? You heard your phone ring and saw bucky's name show up on screen.

Ignore.

Again.

Ignore.

And again.

"What bucky?" You stifled back tears. Making you sound more pissed than upset.

"Please come back so we can talk about it?"

"No bucky."

"Look. It's 2 in the morning just please. I'm worried about you."

"Barnes. I am trained in hand to hand combat. I will be fine."

"Where are you." You couldn't hold it back anymore. His word felt too real when he was worried. You sobbed through your words

"James. Please just leave me alone."

"You're at a bar, aren't you?" He knew. Of course, he knew.

"Yeah. I'm not drinking don't worry. Just leave me be." You hung up the phone and sat up from the floor. You wiped the makeup from your face and took off your leather jacket. And was left in just your Red tank top and black jeans. You pulled your hair in front of your face and feathered it. Looking better than you did five minutes ago. You stepped outside and made your way to the bar.

"Can I get a Coke?" I made a promise to Bucky last year. I wouldn't ever let it get that bad again.

The woman behind the bar gave me a look. I sighed. "I'm a recovering alcoholic, piss off or I'm leaving." She rolled her eyes but I knew she felt bad, she placed the Coke on the counter.

It was barely five minutes before you felt a hand on your shoulder. You jumped, and turned your head. Bucky sat next to you. He looked as if he had just ran all over New York.

"Are you okay?" He asked

"Not really. I feel like I just lost one of my best friends. Even though I saw it coming it hit me so hard"

"Don't think I don't love you." You avert your eyes. Focusing on a soda can in the trash. "I just..."

"We're too far gone." You said matching his gaze. You shrug letting out a small tear.

"We're not those same people who fell in love all those years ago..."

"So, " you wipe away your tears and force a smile. "Who's the lucky lady?" He cocks his head to the side and sighs. Thinking about the woman.

"Just a woman from the bookstore."

"Ah, I see. She's a bookworm?"

"Yes..."

"Okay, I'll be back at the tower in a little while. I just need a minute here alone-" You were interrupted with your vibrating phone in your pocket. You flipped it open to hear Fury's voice.

"What's up?" You asked sitting up from your seat and walking away. Bucky giving you a curious look.

"Yeah okay I'm on my way." You slap the phone shut.

"Gotta get to HQ, He already notified Tasha and Sam"

"Sounds like chaos with all three of you."

"Four." He looked at you confused.

"That rookie that they just brought it is coming with."

"The one that had the biggest crush on you?" He grins.

"He liked me because I was an avenger, and because I had a bike. There was nothing else to it."

"Are you sure?"

"He didn't like the me I wanted him to. He liked a woman I myself never truly got to know."

"Y/N..."

"It's nothing. I love the people I've met. But I hated the way it happened. I don't hold it against Steve for going back. I would've too if I had the chance."

"You do have the chance, Y/N... Bruce would happily help you..." You were speechless.

"Do you want me to go?" You ask softly, looking down and holding your arms for any sense of security you could grasp.

"For you, yes. I don't know if I could handle it, but if it made you happy."

"I don't think It would. The bucky there wouldn't understand why I was different. Not until it happened to him, then we would be right back here."

"Y/N, please know I'm sorry."

"You found someone who made you happy. At one point you felt like you were cheating on her with me. That means something." You shrug. "I gotta go. Wish me luck Sarge." You joking salute him as you turn on your heel and walk away. Knowing he was never going to be yours again.

------------------------------------------

Hey everyone!!! I know many of you will actually read this and not scroll passed it. Just know I'm slowly coming back to my writing. I've had some Writers Block and Art block for the passed few months. I'm happy to be writing for you again. I understand there isn't much demand for these but I enjoy writing them and that's what matters. I haven't been feeling all that great lately and so I've pushed away my writing and taken up new hobbies. But these things I've stopped doing have been a big part of my life for a while and I am fairly good at them. Love you all and REQUESTS WILL BE OPENED SOON!

 Love you all and REQUESTS WILL BE OPENED SOON!