|Chapter 14|

Chapter 14
Lurid
"More information is always better than less. When people know the reason things are happening, even if it's bad news, they can adjust their expectations and react accordingly. Keeping people in the dark only serves to stir negative emotions."-Simon Sinek

I woke up looking into the darkness running my hands through my hair. I was breathing hard, I tried searching for the remote feeling my way over my covers. I stopped when I felt a hand on them. I quickly moved away and got out of my bed turning my head left to right. I felt something grab my hand and I pulled away and started to bang on my door.

"MOOOM! MOMMY! PLEASE WAKE UP!" I felt someone touch me again. I turned around to swing at it, but instead I hit the floor my elbow going first hitting the concrete? What? I rolled on my back wincing in pain holding my elbow. "Oh gosh." I said out loud trying to bend my arm back and forth. I got on my feet looking around the room. Not my room. There was concrete walls all over. I turned around when I heard footsteps coming my way. "Stay away!" I shouted backing up into the cold wall.

"I could never stay away from you." I closed my eyes shut trying to get out of this nightmare. I thought it was over. Could it ever be over?

"Open your eyes." I started to chant,

"Please wake up please wake up."

"This isn't a dream Reign." I opened my eyes and saw blue eyes? Then all I saw was darkness.
~.~
I felt something wet on my forehead and I jerked scooting away from that person. When my vision cleared I saw who it was.

"Kale? Where am-" I stopped talking even I looked up and saw the mural on the ceiling.

"How... what the hell?"

"Reign." I snapped my head towards him and got up on my feet running trying to find the front door and screaming,

"HEEEELP!!!! SOMEBODY HELP! IM GETTING MURDERED!!" I stopped screaming and yelling when my ma suddenly appeared right in front of me. "Mom?"

"Okay listen. I know you might be frightened"-hell yeah I'm frightened-"or confused, but I can explain. Just hear me out." I stepped away from her and bumped into a broad chest. I turned around and looked into blue eyes.

"Blue eyes?" I whispered.

"It's me." His voice... this is the first time I heard it. It's sexy and- I shouldn't be thinking about that right now. I'm in a crisis.

"This isn't real. I'm just dreaming." I said in a low voice.

"You aren't dreaming. Everything is real." Blue eyes said touching my cheek with the palm of his hand. I slapped his hand away. He sighed running his hand through his hair. "I couldn't tell you yet. We had to wait. Your mom said once your hair starts growing back that, that's a sign. A sign that we could be together and you could be a..." He looked at my mom then back at me. "A lurid." I looked at him like he was crazy. I mean he is fucking crazy. Beyond crazy. He's a fucking lunatic.

"This isn't fucking real. All of you are crazy... creatures!" I said throwing my hands in the air.

"Reign please here us out."

"Doctor Scott?! You too?!" I said facing him. He gave me a worryingly smile. "Oh the hell with this." I said walking away.

"Reign. Please wait." Blue eyes grabbed my arm and I snatched it away appearing in my room.

"What... the... hell?" I said looking around at my surroundings. "H-how did you do that?" I asked blue eyes, but looking at my mom, Doctor Scott, and Kale. Everyone stayed silent looking at each other, like they're having silent conversations in their heads. "Is anybody body going to fucking answer me?!"

"Reign sweetie. Calm down." My mom said coming towards.

"Don't tell me to calm down. What? Are you a lurid too?!" She bowed her head down. "You gotta be fucking kidding me. You've been lying to me?! For how long?!"

"Reign-"

"For how long?!" She looked at blue eyes and he nodded his head.

"Eighteen years ago... just before you where born. I didn't." I saw her eyes getting glassy and she took a deep breath. "I was young I was only twenty-six. I didn't want you I got pregnant by your worthless father that I call your sperm doner. I was speeding down the empty high way crying, because you were starting to come out and... and when I was speeding I took a sharp turn and the car flipped over three times. When I say him." My ma said pointing at blue eyes. "What he did... what he did for the both us helped us. Let us stay alive. I died that night on the highway and Angel brought me back." I was confused mildly confused with the whole situation.

"Who's angel?" Blue eyes step forward.

"I'm Angel Crowe."