Chapter 18

"Pause it"

"I'll replay it when you come back"

"Momo" Harry scolded from the kitchen as he waited for the popcorns to get ready when Manika didn't pause the movie they were watching together tonight at his place.

Manika's eyes are fixed on the television which shows how the story of Carol Danvers. She is completely invested in the scene since knowing how it all started is important. It's kinda stupid that they haven't watched Captain Marvel but Endgame.

Manika feels vibrations near her thigh and she goes for the device without even looking down. She picks up the call still watching tv, "He-"

"Harry?" A female voice, which appeared to be crying, croaked from the phone. Manika realized it's an unknown number on Harry's phone and before she could interfere, the voice continues, "I'm sorry, please-"

"Uh, w-wait a second" Manika stutters. "Harry, phone" She calls, away from the phone's receiver.

"Will you pause the movie?" Harry whined. "Who is it?"

"Unknown number" She mumbles, reverting her attention back to the movie.

"Hello" He says into the phone, reaching in the kitchen again.

"W-who are you with?" She questions from the phone. Harry whips his phone to check the number which seems different from last time.

"Stop calling me from different numbers everyday" Harry grumbles, keeping his voice low. "Stop calling me at all" he hisses, ignoring her question.

"I said I am sorry, why can't forgive me" She sobbed, "haz just-"

"Don't you dare haz me, Azzy." Harry growled, "you had a whole year to apologize, but now that you know I'm happy again here you are crying. I thought, I would've shown some sympathy but you don't deserve it so leave me alone" He hung up and took the bowl of popcorn to the living room.

There he saw Manika, biting on her nails as her eyes were glued to the screen, waiting on the couch for Harry to come and cuddle her.

"Here you go" Harry pushed the bowl in her hands so she stops biting her nails and took a seat behind her in a way that she sitting in between his legs.

"Blanket?" Manika asked looking over him.

"I forgot, let me-"

"No, don't leave now" Manika implored holding him in place. "You can do the job" She murmured, wrapping his hands around her and leaning her back into him.

Harry kissed the top of her head as she restarted the movie. "Are you mad at me?" He asked warily, glancing back at his phone.

"Should I be mad?" Manika question, massaging his wrists.

"Are you?"

"Is there a reason to be?"

"Wasn't the phone call suspicious for you?" Harry asked seriously, not paying attention to the movie.

"I trust you" She replied in a small voice, like she's embarrassed to say it. "If you're hiding something, there must be a reason for it" Manika shrugged.

They fall into silence, only the dialogues from the movie being heard.

"Okay, I'd like to tell you something" Harry broke the silence. He couldn't keep it himself, not after Manika knew something was up.

"You don't have to Haribo" Manika assured.

"No, I want to"

"Are you sure?"