Chapter 46

A month later

"I can't believe it's Christmas already" Harry grumbled like a kid. "The year literally started just now"

"It's not Christmas yet, there's still a month left" Manika replied, swinging their joined hands in the air as they walked down to the street to the venue where Liam had invited everyone for some reason.

"That's what I'm saying. Just a month" He argued, fixing his pastel jacket's collar.

"I'm sorry. Can't turn back time for you" She chimed, pushing the door to the restaurant. Harry shook his head at her and followed as she lead the way to the rooftop the 'party' was at.

"Why do you think he's kept a party?" Manika asked, walking up the stairway.

"Is it even a party?" Harry questioned back.

"I don't know, he didn't specify" Manika pondered further. "I mean, he did say to dress like it"

The moment they stepped foot on the terrace, golden gleaming fairy lights came into view. There were candles and lanterns burning bright, adding a warm and cosy atmosphere to the open surroundings. Even though London's chilly weather continued its work, the set up brought a homely feel.

Before they could process anything else, loud cheers and shouts echoed around on the rooftop.

"You guys are late" Louis called, noticing the pair.

"Excuse me. We're literally a minute late" Harry asserted.

"What's happening?" Manika quizzed, looking around.

"We're getting married!" Zayn squealed with Liam looking over him with fond and arm around his hip. Zayn raised his hand up in the air for them to see the beautiful and elegant golden ring on his finger, as he jumped in excitement.

The terrace cheered again, smiles and happiness all around.

~~~

"I knew you'd say yes, that's why I already planned an engagement party" Liam postulated, planting a kiss on Zayn's temple as he nestled into the younger's arms.

"This would've been a big fat loss if you would've said no, mate" A slightly tipsy Niall implored.

The party was almost over. The soon-to-be married couple's families have already left with a few of their friends after them. Now the seven of them sat around a makeshift small bonfire on the roof, catching up.

"When did you even propose?" Harry asked as he played with Manika's hair who sat in between his legs on the floor.

"Woke me up in the middle of the night yesterday" Zayn answered. "I was so sleepy, thought it's a dream or something like that" His accented voice elaborated.

"I can't believe you guys didn't see, he posted a TikTok this morning" Liam mentioned.

"You did?" Manika responded, flipping her phone out of her pocket.

"Payno, you know very well that it's just these two who are weirdly obsessed with the shit app" Louis chided, pointing between Zayn and Manika.

"Hey, Manu only uses it to tease our younger cousin who lives in India since the app's banned their" Isha added to support her sister.

"Whatever the reason it may be, but it's me and Harold who become the preys of their strange TikTok challenges" Liam inputted.

"Absolutely" Harry agreed. "But I've started to my revenge, though. I did the nakey challenge on her"

"No matter what you do, your reaction - to when I did that on you - can't be topped" Manika replied cheekily.

"Yeah, who falls out of the chair, man" Zayn laughed.