Chapter 24

"Where are we going?" Harry whined for the fiftieth time since they left his place.

"Almost there, patience" Manika smiled, covering his eyes with her hands properly as she weaved their way where she planned to go carefully.

Today marked one month since the two started dating and Manika thought it was about time she arranged a date for the two of them. She had made sure it at least matched the level of magnificence as the ones planned by him.

To say that Manika was proud with her plan of action was an understatement. She was really close to being arrogant about her idea but she contained her excitement regarding that.

After a peaceful dinner at home - made by her, of course - and a long splendid drive later, here they are at ...

"A lavender farm!" Harry gasped when Manika removed her hands and beamed at Harry, who gushed over the wide and open field filled with purple flowers. His eyes sparkled in the moonlight and he inhaled the pleasant aroma deeply, closing his pine green eyes in contentment. "You've got to be kidding me" Harry grinned at Manika, shaking his head.

"Do you like it?" She asked timidly.

"Yes" He mumbled, pulling her in a cuddle, "it's so beautiful, almost as beautiful as you" Harry murmured in her hair. "How even..." He trailed, glancing over the wide farm.

"You were talking about the field trip you went to as a kid, you looked so cheery remembering how refreshing it was. So..." Manika trailed, gesturing towards the lanes of luscious lavenders.

"Thank you" Harry cooed, pecking her lips. "Can we do like a maze from there to there?" He asked with hopeful eyes, pointing towards different ends.

"You mean walk between the lanes from one side to other?"

"It sounds better in my words" He rushed, dragging her towards the sidemost path. "How did you get the owner to allow us here? This place looks private." Harry pondered, raking in the place.

"You don't need to know that" Manika dismissed, entwining their fingers together.

"What did you do?" He questioned firmly.

"I paid them"

"Momo" Harry groaned. "How much?"

"I said you don't need to know that" Manika stopped and turned to squish his face in her hands. "Your smile made it worth it" She announced, bringing his face closer to press their lips together.

The couple moulded into each other as their lips met together. Harry's slender arms embraced her close and Manika's hands clutched at his sharp jawline, her tongue licking into his mouth, tasting his sweetness.

A simple wholesome kiss felt so pleasing and yet so different for them right now. Manika had butterflies in her stomach while her heart lurched at the strong emotion she wanted to feel but not to accept exclusively. As for the curly-haired man, he knew for a fact that his feelings weren't going to go away so, he accepted them. The warmth melted his insides as fireworks erupted in his head.

They pulled away breathlessly, smiling at each other. Manika rested her forehead against his, bumping their noses together.

"I really wanna show your smile to the world's
Worth more than a million
And I'll give you my all
I'll take care of you and make you happy
What you need, I got the time
So don't you worry 'bout it" Manika recited, pecking his swollen lips. "Not original lines, by the way. Don't put a copyright strike"

"Is that a song?" Harry chuckled when she hummed aggressively as a response, tugging him with their entwined fingers.

Harry simply sighed at his sight, smiling when Manika leaned down on one bush to inhale the soothing smell deeply. She giggled when a small butterfly emerged from flowers and found its new seat on her wrist. "Look" Manika whispered in glee as the little creature lightly flapped its wings. Suddenly, the insect flew and her eyes followed it. "Oh my god, don't move" Manika beamed when it decided to rest on Harry's nose, his eyes crossing to look at the butterfly. "Please, let me click a picture" And with that she snapped a photo of a cross eyed Harry gazing over the small insect, with a small smile playing on his lips.