Former Occupations

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.

Tactics without strategy are the noise before defeat."

- Sun Tzu (The Art of War)

~oOo~

Apology by Armed Detective Agency member

Tanizaki Junichirou

        "I...I..." Tanizaki slammed his hands on the table and bowed his head deeply to the startled Atsushi sitting in front of him. "I'm so sorry!"

        "Huh?" The young boy blinked in confusion. Everybody was now sitting in a cafe that was located on the first floor of the building where the agency was located, taking a break from Atsushi's apprehensive exam. Seiko was watching the exchange between Tanizaki and Atsushi while nibbling on some scones and sitting next to Dazai, who was lazily swaying side to side on his seat. 

        "Though it was for your exam, I was so rude to you," Tanizaki remorsefully said as he lifted his head to meet Atsushi's eyes. In the background, Kunikida was sitting on the other side of Dazai when he noticed the brunette's swaying, causing him to kick him in an attempt to stop him. "My name is Tanizaki Junichirou. I work as an assistant of sorts at the agency."

        "Please, it's all right." Atsushi nervously smiled as he raised his hands up in front of him, before lowering them as he thought in relief, He's not a bad person, really.  

        Tanizaki straightened up and gestured to the younger female sitting besides him. "And this is – " He began, before being cut off by the girl excitedly wrapping her arms around his neck in an affectionate hug.

        "His little sister, Naomi ~ " She chirped in greeting. 

        "Y-you're siblings?!" Atsushi sweatdropped in disbelief, before studying the two's features. "I'm not sure I see a family resemblance."

        Indeed, Tanizaki had sun-kissed skin and bright orange hair with matching eyes, while Naomi had a much paler complexion with black hair and silver eyes, with a small beauty mark under the corner of her left eye. 

        "Oh ~ ?" Naomi purred as she caressed Tanizaki's cheek, much to her brother's visible discomfort. "You doubt us? Of course we're siblings by blood ~ We're quite similiar, especially this part ~ "

        At her last words, she began to put her hand under her poor brother's shirt and slowly run it up his chest with a lovestruck blush. "Right, brother ~ ?" She cooed, Atsushi watching awkwardly as she slowly pushed the uncomfortable Tanizaki down and began to run her hands all over his body, letting out passionate noises as she did so while Tanizaki desperately tried to stop her. 

        "Oh, but..." Atsushi blankly trailed off.

        "Don't pursue this line of inquiry with them too far." Kunikida told him with the gleam in his glasses covering his eyes, suddenly standing next to him while bending down to meet his gaze.

        "Er, okay..." Atsushi awkwardly replied. 

        "In any event, brat," Kunikida continued, straightening up as the two proceeded to ignore the Tanizaki siblings. "Today, you have joined the ranks of our Armed Detective Agency."

        He suddenly advised in a loud voice, "Do not be a burden to everyone, nor shame the Agency's good name!" 

        That certainly got the siblings to stop their rather...intimate display. Kunikida's voice lowered to a normal volume as Atsushi listened to his words. "The rest of us are committed to that, at least," he said, before briefly closing his eyes in thought. "Mostly because it would greatly contribute to Seiko's upbringing if the facility in charge of her protection had a healthy reputation."