Bad Blood

"If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. 

If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. 

Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. 

If he is taking his ease, give him no rest.

 If his forces are united, separate them.

 If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them.

 Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."

- Sun Tzu (The Art of War)

~oOo~

        The investigation was a trap.

        When Atsushi and the Tanizaki slbings reached the designated location after following their client, they were quick to realize that something wasn't quite right. And they were correct.

        Their client's true identity was in fact none other than Ichiyo Higuchi, a Port Mafia member disguising as an innocent civilian with the intent to kill the trio without mercy. 

        Naomi was grievously injured from the attack, followed by her brother, who was fatally wounded upon the arrival of the very man Kunikida had advised against ever encountering: Akutagawa Ryunosuke

        Had Atsushi not activated his ability to transform into the tiger out of shock, his fate would surely have been undetermined. 

        And currently, both the transformed Atsushi and Akutagawa were in the midst of an intense battle in the dark alleyway, their shared, unwavering determination to defeat each other fueling their strength. 

        "Rashoumon..." Akutagawa lifted an arm as a dark energy began to crackle around it. "Murakumo!"

        A gigantic clawed hand made out of pure black energy extended out of his arm as he swung it towards the charging white tiger, his expression twisted into one of pure bloodlust. Right before he could strike his opponent, a voice suddenly called out, "Okay, that's enough ~ !"

        Brilliant white light lit up the dark alleyway as Dazai stood between Atsushi and Akutagawa, his hands out to the side as he used No Longer Human to cancel out the two abilities. In an instant, Rashoumon vanished into nothingness, while Atsushi's tiger form diminished to reveal his true, human form.

        "What?!" Akutagawa widened his eyes in shock at the sudden interference. As soon as the light faded, Atsushi fell to the ground unconscious besides Dazai's feet. 

        "You're one of the detectives..." Higuchi narrowed her eyes as she rose to her feet. "Why are you here?"

        "I'm the type who can't stop thinking about what a beautiful lady might be up to," Dazai replied, before holding up a small device that resembled a walkie talkie. "I decided to secretly listen in." 

        "Impossible!" Higuchi gasped, rummaging through her pockets before pulling out a tiny device. "Back then..."

        She thought back to when Dazai had flirted with her at the agency, distracting her long enough to slip the tiny listening device into her pocket. She gritted her teeth as she clenched a fist around the device in shame upon allowing such a thing to happen to her.