Chapter 5: Finally

NO ONE'S POV:

(Most of Class 1A comes into Midoriya's room to check up on him.)

Tokoyami: I caused you trouble, Midoriya.

Midoriya: No, please. I did this to myself.

(Y/N): I'm sorry, Midoriya. I should've been more help to you.

Midoriya: I'm just happy to see that you're okay, (Y/N). That villain not only punched you but that landing from the fall must've hurt.

(Y/N): That it did.

Midoriya: Did everyone from Class A come to visit?

Iida: No. Jiro and Hagakure are still out. They were knocked unconscious by a villain's poisonous gas. And Yaoyorozu took a pretty bad hit to the head. She's hospitalized here. Though I just found out she finally woke up yesterday. And as you can see, (Y/N) is well enough to up and about. So it's just us, though obviously we wish the whole class could be here.

Uraraka: Only 16 of us for now.

Todoroki: Because Bakugo is gone.

Mina: He knows, Todoroki.

(Midoriya goes on to put himself down in general & as a hero.)

Kirishima: All right, then let's go get him. I was here yesterday, too. And so was Todoroki.

(Kirishima explains that they were on their way to see Midoriya until they overheard Yaoyorozu talking to All Might & a police officer where she tells them that she placed a tracker on the Nomu.)

(Y/N): Then they came to see me and I told them that my sister is involved in a plan to rescue Bakugo.

Midoriya: She is?!

(Y/N): She didn't tell me directly but I know my sister well enough to know when she's trying to tell me something.

Iida: This means you're going to have Yaoyorozu make another receiver for you, doesn't it?

Todoroki: What if it does?

Iida: You should listen to what All Might said! We have to leave this to the professionals! Like (Y/N)'s sister!

(Y/N): Like hell I'm going to sit on my ass when I know I can both help my sister and rescue Bakugo!

Iida: It's not the right time for us to get involved. Idiots.

Kirishima: Maybe, but all I know...is at camp, I couldn't do anything. I heard my friend was targeted, and I just stood by. Helpless. So, if I stand by and do nothing now, how'm I s'posed to call myself a hero or a man?

(Kaminari & Asui try to calm Kirishima to no avail.)

Kirishima: All of you. Just listen to me for a minute. I know what you're saying is right. But still! C'mon, Midoriya. He's still within your reach! We can save Bakugo!

Mina: So, let me get this straight. You're going to get Momo to make you another receiver, track a bad guy, and then try to save Bakugo all by yourselves?

Kirishima: Yeah.

(Y/N): Yup!

Todoroki: The villains who attacked the camp planned to kill some of us. But they took Bakugo alive. What we don't know is how long they'll let him live. That's why we're going after him.

Iida: [inhales] Have the three of you lost your minds?

(Some of Class 1A try to convince Kirishima, Todoroki, & Y/N out of their plan but Midoriya's doctor comes into the room.)

Sero: Sure. Let's bolt. I wanna see how Jiro and Hagakure are doin'.

Uraraka: Yeah, okay. Feel better, Deku.

(Class 1A begins to leave but Kirishima, Todoroki, & Y/N hang back a bit.)

Midoriya: Thanks for visiting me.

Kirishima: We talked to Yaoyorozu yesterday. If we're doing this, it's tonight. Look, I know you've got some pretty hardcore injuries. So, I don't know if you can go. But I wanted to invite you, since you probably feel the worst. We'll meet in front of the hospital after dark.

(Kirishima, Todoroki, & Y/N leave Midoriya's room.)

Nurse A: Mr. Takeyama, you have a visitor in your room.

(Y/N): I do? I guess I'll see you guys tonight.

Kirishima: Later, (Y/N).

(Y/N is now back at his room where he sees his visitor.)

(Y/N): Itsuka! I am so happy to see you!

Itsuka: *blush* I did tell you that I'd see you tomorrow, didn't I? So where were you?

(Y/N): My classmates and I went to visit Midoriya.

Itsuka: That's nice.

(Y/N's thoughts): I can't tell her about the plan. She'll either convince me not to go, which she'll succeed in doing so because I'm weak when it comes to her or she'll join me on the plan. I can't put Kendo in danger.

Itsuka: (Y/N)? Are you okay?

(Y/N): Yeah, I'm fine.

Itsuka: Are you sure? You spaced out there for a bit.

(Y/N): I'm still a little sore. But you just being here is making me feel better.

Itsuka: *blush* Uh, (Y/N), I'm actually here for another reason.

(Y/N): And that is?

Itsuka: Back at camp, before you lost consciousness, you were telling me something...

(Y/N knows exactly what she's talking about.)

(Y/N's thoughts): My deathbed confession!

Itsuka: What were you gonna tell me?

(Y/N's thoughts): This is it!

(Y/N takes Itsuka's hands in his.)

(Y/N): I love you, Itsuka Kendo. When I saved you way back in the Entrance Exam of course I thought you were cute but then when I actually saw you at Sports Festival I instantly got lost in those emerald eyes. And ever since then, you've been all I could think about day or night. Getting to know you has been an absolute privilege. That night we slow danced at Uwabami's party was magical and I never wanted it to end. Your hair-

(Before Y/N can continue his confession, Kendo kisses him. Not on the cheek but on the lips. Y/N is surprised by the kiss at first but then goes with it. The kiss is somewhat passionate between the two, there isn't any tongue or fighting for dominance. Just a kiss between two kids who have finally acted upon their feelings for each other. After what it seems like forever. Y/N & Itsuka's lips unlock so they both can breathe.)

(Y/N): We're boyfriend and girlfriend now, right?

Itsuka: [giggles] I'd hope so!

(Y/N): Cool. So, I take it you feel the same?

Itsuka: Do I have to kiss you again to prove it?

(Y/N): Maybe...

Itsuka: [giggles]

(Y/N): *blush* Could you...could you say it back?

Itsuka: Say what?

(Y/N): *blush* You know!

Itsuka: Oh! *blush* I love you too, (Y/N) Takeyama.