Chapter 6 | 🐚

Friday

As Jisung had rightly predicted, the blazing sun was just as strong as it had been the past few days. The blond was staring out the window of the computer lab, willing his guesses for tomorrow not to be true, but deep down he knew that come Saturday the weather would swing to torrential rain and possibly even thunder.

"Just my luck.. bet I jinxed it."

"Oh lighten up, Ji, Come play
Fire boy and Water girl with me."

"No thanks, Lix, you know I'm bad at it."

Felix and Jisung had rushed to the computer lab that lunchtime, as it was the one room in the school that had good air conditioning. However getting a seat was a battle, especially in this heat. Even though it was nice, most students had taken to staying indoors so they skipped out on a sunburn. This meant that the computer lab was packed with kids, but thankfully Felix and Jisung had bagged themselves two computers right next to the vent where the air con came out.

Felix looked up from his computer screen and focused on Jisung. The sun rays shone through the glass at a certain angle so that it lit up the blond's sandy locks, as well as highlighting his honey tanned skin. His expression was bored and blank, but the light brought out the golden speckles in his hazelnut brown eyes, making them seem almost caramel. Jisung sighed, and his cheeks puffed outwards as he did so, before he scrunched up his nose and went back to mindlessly staring out across the school yard.

Felix's own cheeks flushed pink, and he turned away hurriedly when his heart rate picked up. Would now be a good time? The boy bit his lip in anticipation, wondering if he should bring up what was on his mind; the thing that had been on his mind for the past couple of months. But he didn't know where Jisung's mind was at the moment, and he didn't want to interrupt his thoughts. Then again, this could be the best mood the blond would be in that week, and so if Felix didn't say anything he might not get another chance to make sure Jisung was listening.

The snowy haired boy's eyes trailed up to look at the screen. The two characters of the game he was playing stared back at him, as if telling him to do it, or not to. I'll close my eyes, and if I look at fireboy I ask. If I look at watergirl, I won't. Felix couldn't believe himself- he was using a video game to decide. The boy squeezed his eyes shut tightly, waited a few seconds, then opened them again. His eyes were immediately drawn to the orange character. Meaning a yes. Fuck.

Felix glanced back at Jisung, who's gaze hadn't budged from the scene outside the window. Trying to act casual, Felix stretched and gave a loud yawn. Jisung side eyed his friend, chuckling.

"What you laughing at?"

"It's just your face, when you yawn."

"What's wrong with my face when I yawn?!"

"Nothing nothing, it's cute that's all."

Felix bit the inside of his cheek, trying to calm his nerves. Jisung's somewhat flirty comment was not helping the situation, but it did give the younger a boost of hope. Breathing in, Felix spoke as clear as he could without letting his voice shake.

"Jisung, can I tell you something?"

The blond sat up from the low windowsill, noticing the pensive tone in Felix's voice. "Sure Lix, what's up?" The snowy haired boy blinked as he stared down at his finders, and a dorky smile slid onto his lips.