Chapter 11 | 💦

Tuesday

The barrage of rain brought with it wind the following day, so besides the sunshine cleaning up the puddles, the breeze made little ripples race across the surfaces. Perhaps a rainbow could've been seen in the sky, but the clouds had settled over the blue like a soft blanket. It was none of this however that awoke Minho that morning, but rather the distant smell of fried eggs and bacon.

The brunette sat up in his bed, rubbing his eyes of sleep and staring round his room for a moment. He remembered how he'd fallen asleep last night with Jisung alongside him, and quickly looked to see if the boy was under the warm covers. But the only thing laid on the pillow was a light yellow post-it note with a message scribbled across it.

Minho must've read over that note 20 times, focusing the most on the 'Love Jisung x' at the end

Minho must've read over that note 20 times, focusing the most on the 'Love Jisung x' at the end. It sent his heart into a mild panic, and the brunette found himself gushing over it and rolling all over the bed like a child. "Why is he so adorable?" Minho asked himself out loud, spreading himself out on the sheets as if he were a starfish. Although the note was sweet, the older wished that it had been Jisung he'd woken up to see. He wanted to open his eyes and be met with those rosy cheeks, that heart shaped smile as the younger stirred, the melody of his morning voice however rough it may be. Minho wanted all of that, but not even for just one morning; he wanted that forever.

"Dad! There's food on the table!" The excitable voice of Heijin sounded from outside the bedroom door. Minho stepped up out of the bed, with the slip of paper still grasped in his fist, and went to the door. Heijin was bouncing up and down, waving his tiny arm in order to point out the staircase.

"Dad, who left us the food."

"What food, hun, and is your
brother awake yet?"

"He is making his bed, but come see!"

Trailing behind his youngest Minho headed down the stairs and passed through into the kitchen, the scent of a full english breakfast filling his nostrils. On the island were three plates, each with a serving of eggs and bacon on them, as well as some extras accompanying one of them. In the center, a glass beaker filled to the brim with freshly squeezed orange juice was sat, surrounded by various condiments such as butter and salt. Stream could be seen still rising from the food, so it had been cooked not long ago.

"He's such an angel," Minho said in barely more than a whisper, heart pounding in his ribcage as his eyes glossed over at the sight of the food. Now he really wanted to wake up to Jisung every day.

A sound from behind the two made both Heijin and Minho turn round. "I can smell bacon." Heihyun yawned, wandering between them and making a beeline for a seat. The older brunette laughed at his son; Heihyun never hesitated when breakfast was available. Taking a seat with his sons, Minho dug into the food left by, pressably, Jisung. There was no one else to have left it, and there was no one who could whip up a full fry up as glorious as this.